“Brilliant for business and leisure”

Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant for business and leisure”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am usually quick to give poor reviews but this hotel was so excellent, I have to share my first class experience. From the cleanliness, to the comfort of the rooms and the staff. Top class. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I travel to Southampton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank NottsLoobyLoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brighton, UK
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I normally choose to stay in Mercure hotels but chose the Premier Inn due to its good review. I was pleasantly surprised by the room which was spacious, clean and in a quiet location. The bathroom was modern and clean. The restaurant was good and all staff were helpful and professional. . We parked at the multi-storey car park for £5 a day opposite the hotel which is good deal. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

An excellent stopover. Great pre cruise destination. Great parking option at the time of our booking of £5 per day in the multi storey directly behind. Also worth a mention a HUGE shopping centre also directly behind.
Hassle free check in and out very easy. Great quality staff. Modern deco. Bouncy carpets! Great restaurant with an excellent deal of a three course dinner a glass of something and breakfast. No silly early departures. Altogether a great value boutique hotel. I will certainly use them again! The only downside for me was the bed was too bouncy and I didn't sleep well, but I will let them have that as a) I never mentioned it and didn't give them the chance to do anything b) everything else was superb. I must say I am generally quick to point out a problem so perhaps not an easy audience, this is not feint praise - well done Premier Inn!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah W
Luton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived around nine on Thursday evening, unloaded and went to our room where our little one loved the bed, we had a drink that night and a enjoyable stay. Breakfast was pleasant and would def return pre cruise again! Staff are friendly too!

Stayed October 2013
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My daughter & I went to Southampton to visit my son studying at Southampton Solent, so we had a choice of 2 Premier Inns, I decided on this one as it was nearer to the West Quay shopping centre & was newer. Price of £75 for a twin for a Saturday night was reasonable. Room clean & a good size. I have deducted one star as there is no separate shower, the one over the bath was usable though not ideal or enjoyable. As always the pillows were excellent & beds comfortable. There was air conditioning & adequate well thought out storage for an overnight stay Check-in & out was super efficient. We were impressed by the hotel's security & parking arrangements. £5 for 24 hours parking in the West Quay multi-storey was an added bonus as I had paid £4 for 1 hour at the car park adjacent to Asda when first taking my son to university last month! There were vending machines opposite the lifts for snacks, drinks & icecreams which as a type 1 diabetic was reassuring. The location is very convenient for the shops & restaurants in the West Quay area, & about 15 minutes walk to the Southampton Solent University & halls of residence. I will definitely use it again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the empty plot of land are quiet, awful view but that is irrelevant for an overnight st...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013 via mobile

Searched everywhere for a phone, couldn't find one. Went downstairs and informed they have been removed in all Premier Inn Hotels. Don't think I have ever stayed in a hotel without a phone in the room. I turn off my mobile at night, so in an emergency could not be reached!! What happens if I feel ill or there is a problem ... I would have to search for the hotel's number to call them. In 2013 this is not acceptable!! And in any case mobile signals aren't always reliable.

Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Bird3
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. Across the Premier Inn estate less than 50% of our hotels had telephones in the bedrooms prior to this change; the majority of these hotels were located in city centres, at airports or in a small number of hotels acquired through mergers or acquisitions. The telephone systems in many of these hotels were becoming old and unsupported, and therefore the decision was made to review the usage of telephones in the bedrooms which is all part of the on-going review of our operations and facilities. When considering these changes we also ensure we use insight from our customers as well as looking closely at changing trends and conditions in the general population.Prior to making the changes we ran a trial in 20 hotels which found that 63% of people asked said that it was either “not at all important” or “not important” to have a phone in the bedroom.The change was also made with the insight that 92% of adults own/ use a mobile phone in the UK, and the percentage of the population who no longer have a home landline currently stands at 15% and this number is increasing each year. I would also like to reassure you that we are continuously reviewing feedback from our customers and will continue to monitor feedback on this subject over the coming months, we would like to thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here - great location and the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. We only ate Breakfast here but it was good and reasonable. Rooms were clean and the hotel was quiet - I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends