“A Basic Hotel”

Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This is a very basic hotel. Its strong points are that the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The attached restaurant is good and the location is great, right in the center of the shopping area. Its weak points are that it is missing many of the items we are accustomed to. No phones in the rooms, no toiletries except some dispenser dispersed soaps, no irons or boards, no face cloths, bar frigs, no notepaper or pens etc. There were also no ice machines so you had to go to the bar to get ice.

Its worse point was noise level. We were sleep-deprived from our transatlantic flight and were continually awakened by street noise as we were on the street side and when the casino and bars closed it was extremely noisy. Fights went on right under our window. Closing the window made it better but then we were overheated. Ask for a room away from the main road

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the noisy roadway.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,288)

Reviewed 25 October 2013

This be another fine ship in the fleet of Premier Inn. Good service and good food. Late opening restaurant at 6pm but shiver me taste-buds the grog flows all day. Near to the shops, near to the ships and nearish to the station 5-10 min walk depending on yer peg legs.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I am usually quick to give poor reviews but this hotel was so excellent, I have to share my first class experience. From the cleanliness, to the comfort of the rooms and the staff. Top class. I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when I travel to Southampton.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NottsLoobyLoo
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I normally choose to stay in Mercure hotels but chose the Premier Inn due to its good review. I was pleasantly surprised by the room which was spacious, clean and in a quiet location. The bathroom was modern and clean. The restaurant was good and all staff were helpful and professional. . We parked at the multi-storey car park for £5 a day opposite the hotel which is good deal. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

An excellent stopover. Great pre cruise destination. Great parking option at the time of our booking of £5 per day in the multi storey directly behind. Also worth a mention a HUGE shopping centre also directly behind.
Hassle free check in and out very easy. Great quality staff. Modern deco. Bouncy carpets! Great restaurant with an excellent deal of a three course dinner a glass of something and breakfast. No silly early departures. Altogether a great value boutique hotel. I will certainly use them again! The only downside for me was the bed was too bouncy and I didn't sleep well, but I will let them have that as a) I never mentioned it and didn't give them the chance to do anything b) everything else was superb. I must say I am generally quick to point out a problem so perhaps not an easy audience, this is not feint praise - well done Premier Inn!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah W
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

We arrived around nine on Thursday evening, unloaded and went to our room where our little one loved the bed, we had a drink that night and a enjoyable stay. Breakfast was pleasant and would def return pre cruise again! Staff are friendly too!

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My daughter & I went to Southampton to visit my son studying at Southampton Solent, so we had a choice of 2 Premier Inns, I decided on this one as it was nearer to the West Quay shopping centre & was newer. Price of £75 for a twin for a Saturday night was reasonable. Room clean & a good size. I have deducted one star as there is no separate shower, the one over the bath was usable though not ideal or enjoyable. As always the pillows were excellent & beds comfortable. There was air conditioning & adequate well thought out storage for an overnight stay Check-in & out was super efficient. We were impressed by the hotel's security & parking arrangements. £5 for 24 hours parking in the West Quay multi-storey was an added bonus as I had paid £4 for 1 hour at the car park adjacent to Asda when first taking my son to university last month! There were vending machines opposite the lifts for snacks, drinks & icecreams which as a type 1 diabetic was reassuring. The location is very convenient for the shops & restaurants in the West Quay area, & about 15 minutes walk to the Southampton Solent University & halls of residence. I will definitely use it again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the empty plot of land are quiet, awful view but that is irrelevant for an overnight st...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family