Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Grand Harbour Hotel(Southampton)
  • Bar/Lounge
Star Hotel(Southampton)
2,350 results
All reviewswest quaymulti storeyshopping centrecar parkdrop off pointmeal dealcruise terminalsbuilding sitebuilding workthyme restaurantexcellent locationpre cruiseself serviceisle of wightgood nights sleepper dayfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. We ate breakfast and dinner in the restaurant as part of the dining deal, the food was great, enough choice, good quality. The room was clean and comfortable and very quiet.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Very busy but very good! Located right in the hustle & bustle of the main shopping area. Located just a short distance from the cruise terminal. Ideal base for Xmas shopping. Great little on site restaurant. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeshy
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This was our first stay in a Premier Inn (and it won't be our last). We came to Southampton for a shopping trip and chose this hotel purely because of its location to West Quay. We were able to check in when we arrived at 9am as our room was ready. Our room was quiet (on the 5th floor), very clean and comfortable and had everything we needed for a short stay. All of the staff were friendly, polite and very helpful. We will definitely be recommending this hotel to anyone we know who will be visiting Southampton.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Corbiere7
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I gave a poor rating for our October stay as I was shocked to discover the room phones had been taken out!

But the company has apparently listened to its customers and they are due to be replaced, (with so many older cruise overnighters, surely an essential).

Whilst there are some niggles (see below), for what this hotel is providing, and compared to the dire standard of so many other hotels (often expensive), I am happy to 5* providing phones make a reappearance soon.

GOOD
1. Exceptional friendly happy helpful professional staff. The team here really are wonderfuI and should be complimented. There is no proper reception, but one or two of them are in the hall to help (you
may have to wait a couple of minutes, but I think there is also a self check in).

I arrived early on crutches, and asked to check the bed was high enough. The enthusiastic delightful Hungarian housekeeper was called and came within seconds, showed me the (disabled) room and without my asking immediately offered to get bed raisers on. 10/10!

2. The beds are usually modern, and super comfortable. They do need to keep a check on mattress springs - I did sleep well, but felt a tiny hint of a lump (had a nasty bumpy bed in Bournemouth a couple of years ago!)

3. Everywhere looks clean and well maintained. The downstairs ladies' could have been in a 'top hotel' - well almost - very impressed. Bathroom bright, basic but modernish. Hair dryer in room.

4. I do enjoy 'luxury', but this Premier Inn is more than acceptable for business. en-route holidaymakers etc. And probably the best location as opposite a fabulous newish shopping mall (John Lewis, Apple Shop, M&S, big selection of fast food restaurants and large John Lewis cafe). You can walk to the station in 5/10 minutes, or pick up a bus if you walk through the mall.

5. Can't face a full breakfast, but you can have a push button Costa 'cappuccino to go' (staff always seem have to locate the paper containers).

BAD

1. Wi-fi: Not happy with paying for Wi-Fi, and reception not brilliant anyway. Should be offered free. This is the number one traveller requirement I believe nowadays, and so many hotels do offer free Wi-fi now.

1. Food: I couldn't face eating in the restaurant, which although busy and nicely furnished, has the sort of menu which really does't appeal (chain pub style..burgers, chicken wings and chips. The vegetarian is something like Veggie burger or Caesar's salad, which they can keep!.

But if you are happy to eat before the wonderful modern shopping mall opposite closes, then Wagamama has a an excellent choice of lighter 'Japanese' food, if that appeals to you. And there are loads of other places.

3. Phones: Watch this space!

4. Wake up call: This is the second visit where my very early wake up call hasn't materialised, lucky had alarm set as a back up. Presumably not helped by the lack of phones as staff have to trawl round the floors and knock on doors?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bird3
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a night at the end of a cruise. It is very close to the cruise terminal and perfect for a pre or post cruise stopover. Very near the shopping area. The hotel was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the poor wifi. I paid the £3 for 24 hours wifi but despite the fact we were on the first floor I could not log on in our room. I met another person wandering the corridor trying to get a signal. Eventually I had to sit in the stair well to get a connection! This would not put me off staying there again but next time I won't bother paying £3 for a service I could hardly use.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple