“Good for business stay”

Premier Inn Southampton West Quay Hotel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Southampton
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed 2 times and overall satisfied. The restaurant of the hotel is of a great help after a working day if you do not want to go outside for dinner. It can be sometimes busy so booking a table is recommended.
Floor material in the rooms and corridor does a great job minimizing the walking noise of the other guest passing in front of your door. The bed and pillows are very confortable.

However, Wifi is terrible and works only for e-mail. Do not expect a pleasant navigation nor retrieving large amount of data. The network is not managed by the hotel, so it's hard to blame the staff when telling them that the connection is poor.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our second stay, this time here for the weekend to see a show. All the staff extremely helpful and welcoming (as they were the first stay). We had a table booked for 6pm on Saturday in the restaurant and as time was limited to eat, (the show started at 7.30), we went to the bar to pre-order our meal about 5.30. As soon as we explained the reason for pre-ordering we were taken straight to the restaurant and our meal was served within minutes. I must add this was done for other people going to the show as well. Fantastic service.
We took advantage of the Meal Deal and found it to be good value for money. Our room was clean and spacious and the bed comfortable. The hotel is conveniently situated across the road from West Quay Shopping Centre, about a ten minute walk from the station and about a fifteen to twenty minute walk from the Mayflower Theatre. If you are week-ending in Southampton this is definitely the place to stay. We are already looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I have stayed at this particular hotel twice and my experience has always been excellent. I have stayed at many Premier Inns and find them consistently good, with a modern fresh look (not too corporate like some), very comfortable beds and linen and have allways been clean. I rate them far higher than any other chain of 'budget' hotels e.g. travelodge, holiday inn, days inn and would not hesistate to book them again in the future.
It is worth mentioning that they also have a Ben&Jerrys icecream vending machine in the lobby! The rooms were very soundproof as apparently there were strong thunderstorms throughout the night but my partner an I didn't hear a thing. There are complimentary toiletries in the form of a pump action hand soap and a separate shower gel which were fixed to the walls. These were pleasant to use though you would need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner.
I paid about £49 when I booked his hotel in advance and find that Premier inns frequently offer price promotions throughout the year and it is worth looking out for these. I did not eat at the restaurant and was put off by the price of the breakfast but have since heard that the breakfasts are amazing and well worth the price so I regret not trying it!
All in all, a great experience and I would highly recommend using this hotel.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We decided to stay in this Premier Inn to make a relaxing start to our holiday which involved an early ferry crossing. We arrived at the Hotel and made use of the 30 minute drop off parking whilst we unloaded our car. We then parked in the Multi Storey car park which is right next door and costs £5 for one night stay. It was a little confusing as the ticket stated that the car park did not open until 9am - this is incorrect the car park opens at 5am so it is possible to collect your car early. The hotel itself is modern, clean and the rooms are typical premier inn...comfy clean and nicely appointed. We had drinks from the bar and then the nice girls on reception ordered us a taxi to the Kohi Noor of Kerala which is a fabulous Indian Restaurant on the outskirts of Soton....costs 10.00 each way in a cab but was worth it. We had an OK breakfast...the Mushrooms were vile though! Tinned??? Overall a great stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet and we had an undisturbed sleep
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here the night before an interview and like in any premier inn, the staff were very accommodating. Sorrel on the front desk brought an iron up to my room within minutes of me asking! There was lots of internal and external noise but luckily I'm a heavy sleeper. The one thing that ruined it for me though was the woman that served me for breakfast. I was made to feel like an inconvenience rather than a paying guest, yet she was lovely to people older than me. I think that everyone should be given the same amount of service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank s h
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at Southampton before using the ferry to the Isle of Wight. It was very conveniently located. The ferry was very close and we were able to take a stroll in the evening to see where we needed to go in the morning. We had a lovely spacious room, with everything needed for a good nights sleep. Our breakfast was also very good with healthy options if a cooked breakfast isn't your thing. We didn't have children with us but I think it's a good idea for children to have breakfast free of charge.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed here in July for 1 night as a stop over and booked 2 rooms, both rooms were very clean and comfortable we asked for inter connecting rooms as our 2 older children were staying in the other room and we got just what we asked for . We would highly recommend this premier inn as they made our stay hassle free and enjoyable .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family