Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Andy M
Baldock, United Kingdom

Right in the Centre - Hated the ‘Self Check-in’

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Mar 2020via mobile
I stayed here for business, last week.

I arrived late and it was dark and raining. My SatNav took me to a multi storey car park which I was convinced was wrong, so I continued driving around in circles completely missing that the hotel was on the corner by the roundabout!

It’s so obvious now, but I just could not see it!

The reason I did not give 5*s was due to the lack of staff to welcome me and I was forced to utilise the ‘Self Check-in!’ I hate those machines, but perhaps I’m just old school to want to see a smiling face? Just makes me feel good! A smile is worth it’s weight in gold?

My only criticism about the room was the bed was squashed in the corner, I like sleeping on the left side which left little room to get in and out. My only other option was to get out of the ‘Wrong side of the bed!’

I upgraded to the breakfast & dinner ‘Meal Deal’

I took my bag to the room and then straight down to dinner with the tokens the unfriendly machine had printed for me.

I then became the ‘Invisible Man’ as none of the staff could see me standing by the ‘Wait to be seated’ sign!

Eventually I was shown to a table and handed a menu. Disappointedly there were no ‘Hand pull’ beers, only nasty European lager! I ordered a San Miguel. Obviously this was still being brewed out the back, as it took a lifetime to arrive!

After a further long wait my starter arrived.

I ordered the ‘Surf & Turf’ for a main. It was presented in front of me but before I could say anything, the waitresses had disappeared.

I then realised there was something wrong? The ‘Surf’ had swam away before it had reached me!

When I eventually was able the waitress attention Id already started the meal. But this was whisked away and I was left wondering if I’d ever get to eat anything that night? Just some feedback, like a new one will be with you in 10 minutes would be fine.

Obviously I’d turned into the Invisible man again?

Not the best steak, I don’t usually order steak out as I able to cook it better at home than most chefs. It’s not that hard!

The breakfast was great and I loved the Chocolate & coconut tea!

I visit Southampton twice a month and this is my first stay here. I stay in Premier Inns around the country and I usually love them!
Date of stay: March 2020
    £51
8.7 miles from Premier Inn Southampton West Quay hotel
View more hotels in Southampton
3,354 results
All reviews west quay shopping centre car park multi storey meal deal building site building work cruise ship thyme restaurant shopping trip excellent location pre cruise stay isle of wight self service good nights sleep per day family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Not a bad hotel some of the staff need to be informed about things especially when its about the area
Might all so help if had more staff on reception I thought that reception had someone there 24/7 ☹️☹️

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2020

I just spent a couple of nights there with family. Very comfortable beds. Fantastic service - very friendly cheerful people. Great breakfast. Convenient parking. Great location for shopping. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 March 2020

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Reviewed 1 March 2020

very good location near the train and buses. the room was very clean and nice lots of restaurants within walking distance. this is a newer property. they also have a good breakfast for a fee. i didnt purchase it however i did see it and it looked good.

Date of stay: August 2019