Hotels.com
Ed C
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Family Break

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 Mar 2020
We stayed here for several days whilst shopping and touring Southampton. We always pick a Premier Inn wherever we travel (with Flybe) as we're sure to have a stress-free and relaxing night's sleep. The comfy beds and good food are always a bonus.
Date of stay: March 2020
    £77
5.9 miles from Premier Inn Southampton West Quay hotel
View more hotels in Southampton
3,336 results
All reviews west quay shopping centre car park multi storey meal deal building site building work cruise ship thyme restaurant shopping trip excellent location pre cruise stay isle of wight self service good nights sleep per day family room
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2020

We stayed for the night on the 20th Feb 2020 to celebrate my partners 50th birthday. Unfortunately he did not enjoy this trip as he was kept awake most the night only drifting in out of sleep for very brief periods of time infact he was awake most of the night as he couldn't drop off due to some sort of generator going All night outside our bedroom window. I was disappointed to look out of our window the following morning to discover the above. We left our card in a slot in reception as had a train to catch and I didn't see no staff in reception when we checked out or I would of been demanding a refund as his birthday celebrations got ruined by these building works. In fact when we checked in only one person was on the desk and we used a machine which was easy enough. We didn't see many staff around of the evening if we had been booked to stay another night I would of been demanding to change rooms and I'm not the type to go wondering round in my nightwear playing hunt seek for staff in the middle of the night. The bed was comfy enough even I woke a few times and I'm a very heavy sleeper usually takes alot of outside noise to wake me. I was also pleased we didn't book breakfast as finished rather early instead we went to the local Poppins cafe .we also only had two teabags for the morning it would of been nice if we also had two for the evening plus extra sugar, milk etc. I highly doubt we will visit this hotel at this location again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

I stayed here for business, last week.

I arrived late and it was dark and raining. My SatNav took me to a multi storey car park which I was convinced was wrong, so I continued driving around in circles completely missing that the hotel was on the corner by the roundabout!

It’s so obvious now, but I just could not see it!

The reason I did not give 5*s was due to the lack of staff to welcome me and I was forced to utilise the ‘Self Check-in!’ I hate those machines, but perhaps I’m just old school to want to see a smiling face? Just makes me feel good! A smile is worth it’s weight in gold?

My only criticism about the room was the bed was squashed in the corner, I like sleeping on the left side which left little room to get in and out. My only other option was to get out of the ‘Wrong side of the bed!’

I upgraded to the breakfast & dinner ‘Meal Deal’

I took my bag to the room and then straight down to dinner with the tokens the unfriendly machine had printed for me.

I then became the ‘Invisible Man’ as none of the staff could see me standing by the ‘Wait to be seated’ sign!

Eventually I was shown to a table and handed a menu. Disappointedly there were no ‘Hand pull’ beers, only nasty European lager! I ordered a San Miguel. Obviously this was still being brewed out the back, as it took a lifetime to arrive!

After a further long wait my starter arrived.

I ordered the ‘Surf & Turf’ for a main. It was presented in front of me but before I could say anything, the waitresses had disappeared.

I then realised there was something wrong? The ‘Surf’ had swam away before it had reached me!

When I eventually was able the waitress attention Id already started the meal. But this was whisked away and I was left wondering if I’d ever get to eat anything that night? Just some feedback, like a new one will be with you in 10 minutes would be fine.

Obviously I’d turned into the Invisible man again?

Not the best steak, I don’t usually order steak out as I able to cook it better at home than most chefs. It’s not that hard!

The breakfast was great and I loved the Chocolate & coconut tea!

I visit Southampton twice a month and this is my first stay here. I stay in Premier Inns around the country and I usually love them!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Not a bad hotel some of the staff need to be informed about things especially when its about the area
Might all so help if had more staff on reception I thought that reception had someone there 24/7 ☹️☹️

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2020

I just spent a couple of nights there with family. Very comfortable beds. Fantastic service - very friendly cheerful people. Great breakfast. Convenient parking. Great location for shopping. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Reviewed 2 March 2020

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveller and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.