“Trendy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Jamaican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in Guildhall Square only 15 minutes from the train station and close to West Quay Shopping Centre and Guildhall. Turtle Bay is perfect for a big night-out, a quiet dinner for two, lunch with work-mates, somewhere to dump all those shopping bags or just somewhere to break the journey home.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Trendy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have visited Turtle bay twice. Once on valentines day 2013 and once in August 2013. Turtle bay has a modern trendy feel, I enjoyed the food on both occasions. Love the curried goat. They have a nice selection of cocktails and the buy one get one free offer at happy hour was taken much advantage of on both occasions!!

• Greek first
  • Thai first
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great Atmosphere and food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Been here loads of times, even on my own. Staff always been excellent and food nearly always great... Only been unhappy once when my goat curry had too little meat, next time I went I told the waitress and it was happily remedied. Food is cheap, generally quick, great tasting, great rums, think I have had them all... great for parties, never disappointed anyone! Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Southampton
“Great atmosphere, let down by food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

I've been to turtle bay 3 times now and on all of the occasions I've been highly disappointed with the quality of food for example; Every time my burger has been burnt.

However saying that the service from the staff is brilliant and the value for cocktails happy hour is also a perk. I will return just hopefully the food will be better

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JMC1399
Poole, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to Turtle Bay and I only wish there was one closer to me in Bournemouth!

The atmosphere is always good - lively and buzzing but not OTT. The cocktails at 2-4-1 are good value and done well. The food is great - spicey and tasty. A special mention for the fish one pot - such a well flavoured dish - and can recommend a portion of sweet potato fries on the side.

Can't wait for my next visit ....

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Liz W
Winchester, United Kingdom
“What a pleasant suprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

It was busy friday evening and me and my boyfriend were looking for some quick bite before bed. Our friend mentioned this place and what a surprise for us!
Thinking its gonna be something funky and small it turned out into big, great looking, classy bar/restaurant. We didnt have any reservation but they still managed to find a table for us.
Our waitress Hen came immediately with big smile even though we must have looked like homeless haha.. Offered us a jug of water meanwhile we were looking through the menu. All choices sounded unusual and interesting and my boyfriend loving spicy hot food was worried about me since I can´t do hot at all. We chose all 3 courses purely on waitress recommendation so its suitable for our opposite taste and it was all brilliant. Consider how busy whole place was we didn´t have to wait at all. Hen looked after us for the remainder of the evening and she did a fantastic job. The service was as good as we've ever had, friendly, polite, informative. efficient and all that with true smile! If every restaurant would have someone like her, there would be no more unsatisfied customers.
Bill was another pleasant surprise as it was nearly half price as we expected. Although not suitable for quiet romantic date when you like to talk a lot as this place is really loud. But without music it wouldnt be that proper Caribbean spirit party :).

Definitely will recommend to our friends and coming back soon.

• Visited August 2014