“Great Food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great Food”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

A small group of us had a delightful meal at the Panda, The food was spot on the nail wiry an excellent crispy duck.

I have been back since and again the food was first class. Panda is a quaint little place that you may over look but it is well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2014

“We love Panda!!”
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I have been going to Panda in Southampton since 2002 when I moved to Southampton from London. The owner is the chef and his wife runs front of house. The food has been delicious for all this time and attracts many local Chinese families and students (always a good sign), there is a special Chinese menu which has some delicious dishes for the more adventurous amongst you. There has been some criticism about the service and difficulties with the language barrier, but just ask yourselves "how good is my Cantonese?". The service has always been very warm and welcoming. I started coming here when I was a singleton, and now come with my family with toddlers in tow. This is a lovely family Chinese restaurant which welcomes people from all walks of life. Enjoy.

Visited February 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Delicious, fresh Chinese food”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have never gone to China, but I imagine if I had, I'd have been eating food like this. I first went by accident late on a Saturday night and have recommended it to several people and been back six times. Great location in town and not too pricey. Decor is an acquired taste but I think it adds something to the experience.

• Visited February 2014
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Probably the best Chinese food for the money in Southampton.”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

The food is really nice, hot and fresh as it should be. The service is first class and everything is reasonably priced. It is refreshing not to have all the hassle of the eat as much as you like on a price affair, which never really works well in my opinion. The decor is pretty awful, but that really doesn't matter.

• Visited October 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Good Food, but very poor service”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I've been to Panda several times over the years and always had a good experience, it has always been good food at a good price. BUT ...
Went last night as a group of 12, which was pre-booked a week ago. It took ages to get drinks as the staff were not overly attentive or easy to flag down. The mains took a while to appear and when they did it was painful, they brought each dish out one by one - literally one plate at a time. When they put it down they would say "chicken" we would ask which chicken dish it was and the waiter would have to go and ask. I would say it probably took about 15 minutes for all the dishes to appear which means some people were half way through eating by the time others were just starting. Given the previous review it would seem that perhaps Panda can't cope with large parties.

• Visited October 2013