“Brilliant shopping centre!” 5 of 5 bubbles

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Brilliant shopping centre!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

Visited the West Quay shopping centre in the first week of December. The Xmas atmosphere was second to none, this coupled with a vast array of shops made it a great Xmas shopping venue (& I'm not a lover of shopping at the best of times!) The surrounding area has a Xmas market with numerous retail outfits close by. Would definitely recommend!

Visited December 2013

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“DO NOT BUY GIFT VOUCHERS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

A friend bought me a £50 West Quay gift voucher for a birthday present.
It took me 1 hour and 20 minutes to make a purchase with this voucher tonight. At first it didn't work in the shop I wanted to use it in, then customer service blamed the shop for using incorrectly but gave me a new gift card (just in case!) then it still didn't work so whe I went back to customer services to get it sorted the man behind the counter "George"insisted that it wasn't their fault and pretty much refused to help me (whilst talking to me in a slightly aggressive manner). Eventually after over an hour they gave me cash and ensured I spent it on this purchase, then the same man "George" made me feel veryuncomfortable in the shop questioning what went wrong and still implying it was either my fault or the retailers fault.
AWFUL customer service, so rude and unhelpful!

Visited December 2013
11 Thank Katiek446
Newport, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great mall, shame about the rude people.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

I went on a Monday and the shopping center itself is great, the variety of shops is far more than what we get on the Isle of Wight and the staff were so friendly and really sweet,couldn't fault them. Unfortunately what actually ruined the whole experience was how unbelievably rude the actual people were both in and on the way to West Quay.
After arriving with my mother to catch the free bus to West Quay this heavily pregnant lady with another child in a pushchair and a friend of hers proceeded to quickly get on the bus, and announced 'yeah you all just stand and watch'. Her friend sat down and mouthed 'are you alright?' to which the rude lady announced loudly 'I don't like buses at the best of times especially when there's scum like this on it'. Absolutely outrageous behaviour! She gave no chance for anyone to even help in the first place.

Once arriving in West Quay I couldn't believe the amount of people who think it's okay to just walk into you, I got almost knocked over by a teen girl rushing past pulling a suitcase who decided to walk into the back of me, and yet I found myself apologising every 5 minutes for people walking into me. No one seems to have any manners or understands what personal space is, and so for this reason it gets a two stars. If it wasn't for the fact we don't have good clothing shops on the island I would NEVER go back to West Quay simply because of the people.

Visited November 2013
8 Thank Imogen M
Swansea, Wales
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“Shopping a plenty!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you like to shop - then you will enjoy this..Great shops, open space, plenty of restaurants and centrally and conveniently located.
Good car parks within walking distance.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank mikeyntracy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing shopping!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

As a lover of shopping i couldnt be anymore happy when we found all these shops in one place! Lovely clean bright and big mall lovely day out for shopping :)