“Pitch Perfect”

Gandhi
Ranked #282 of 881 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our restaurant all the food served is cooked fresh to order. Our aim is to serve your meal as near perfect as possible. If you do have any pre-arranged appointments please do inform your waiter and will try our upmost to provide your meal within the time available.As well as traditional and classic dishes Our executive chef regularly devises new and seasonal dishes to keep updated menus innovative and modern. The team here at Gandhi are highly experienced who provide a professional service which is polite and efficient but not intrusive.Party bookings: Why not celebrate that special event I your life with a dinner party at the Gandhi restaurant. We will be pleased to plan your evening with you to ensure a night to remember. For any large booking please contact us.Outside catering: Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a function or wedding reception in a marquee, our blend of experience, planning and attention to details ensures a successful occasion every time. Please enquire for more information. For a personalised proposal for your outside event please contact us and will we work with you to create a truly memorable event.
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Wasn't expecting very much above the ordinary high street fare but this was exceptional in every way. Professionally run by excellent and engaging staff, the food was everything you like from Indian cuisine without the bloating elements. Friendly and indulgent welcome. But most of all - incredible value. Best Indian I've had in 15 years. Deeply impressed.
Thanks to Anwar and Josh

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Visited the restaurant tonight for a special family meal. Excellent service, and the food was plentiful and delicious. Freshly cooked and good value. I have visited this restaurant several times before and always found the staff courteous and just the right side of attentive. I can thoroughly recommend this gem in Southampton.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

2nd visit -delay responding to email booking so had to phone. Very busy on end of term Friday night but food good though service a trifle out of control as restaurant got busier. Either asked 5 times by different staff or not at all.
Still food was good.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Ordered online tonight. Had an email from takeaway.com telling us the wait is usually between half hr and up to an hr, if there were any problems the restaurant would call us. After nearly an hour and a half, I decided to ring them myself. Met with cackling laughter of staff down the line, eventually got a response, and was told our food was on its way out the door that minute. Very rude guy, obviously put out by a customer interrupting his previous conversation with colleagues. Eventually our food turned up, when I mentioned to the driver we were a bit put out about the long wait, he simply shrugged his shoulders and said that wasn't really his area. I suggested perhaps he could mention it to his manager to prevent future problems, he didn't seem very bothered. When we opened the bag, realised the food was cold. Not even tepid, just bone cold. After playing it up to heat ourselves, I decided to ring and make a complaint. The guy who answered was quite helpful to be fair, after attempting to blame driver, and after my asking for a refund, he said they would, if we returned the food, but would have to wait for a new order. Decided we couldn't be bothered as microwave would be much quicker. In hind sight, so would a trip to Asda, to collect a microwave meal yourself. Probably try this first.

2  Thank jensface
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

I'd recommend a meal at ghandis to anyone and everyone! My boyfriend and I regularly dine at ghandis, the food is great value, always delicious and the staff are very friendly. I always pick out the tandoori talapia fish starter and the signature dish main and am in love with peas pilau! The menu is extensive and has something for everyone including some great local dishes. The restaurant also does takeaway delivery for the days you cant be bothered to head out!