“chickened out on a saturday night at 9.00”
Review of Gandhi

Gandhi
Ranked #267 of 890 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In our restaurant all the food served is cooked fresh to order. Our aim is to serve your meal as near perfect as possible. If you do have any pre-arranged appointments please do inform your waiter and will try our upmost to provide your meal within the time available.As well as traditional and classic dishes Our executive chef regularly devises new and seasonal dishes to keep updated menus innovative and modern. The team here at Gandhi are highly experienced who provide a professional service which is polite and efficient but not intrusive.Party bookings: Why not celebrate that special event I your life with a dinner party at the Gandhi restaurant. We will be pleased to plan your evening with you to ensure a night to remember. For any large booking please contact us.Outside catering: Whether you are throwing a dinner party for friends at home, a function or wedding reception in a marquee, our blend of experience, planning and attention to details ensures a successful occasion every time. Please enquire for more information. For a personalised proposal for your outside event please contact us and will we work with you to create a truly memorable event.
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had passed the restaurant on several occasions and it looked o inviting so saturday the 9th
decided it would be a nice treat .we were shown to a table and they took our order.T he starters
were okay but my lamb tikka was a little tough but passable.Then the main meal came I ordered
a Lamb Karai and my wife ordered a bhuna chicken ,when it came to the table my wife noticed
the chicken was red so she told the waiter that she ordered plain bhuna to our astonishment he
said that they had run out of chichen and had only tikka left and left the table. My wife tried the chicken didnt like it, I said I would eat it and she could have mine it wasnt to my liking. When the waiter who took our order came to the table we told him what had happened he said he would look into it he came back and he said it was correct they had run out of chicken so my wife said you should have told her before ordering he said he hadnt been told.When we asked for the bill another gentleman came over and apologised and after we went through what had happened he altered the bill and took off the bhuna but the evening was ruined .

2  Thank biggsey2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The specials are really nice, as is the rest of the menu, and the staff are always friendly! Been here many times (as well as take-away), and always enjoyed - nice in the summer when they open the doors too!

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Wide ranging menu with good selection of specials. The quality of the good between the 4 of us is uniformly excellent. Good service too. Portions are big do don't eat too much beforehand.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Staff were very welcoming and helpful, even recommending dishes to our personal preference. Our waiter Josh was extremely helpful and friendly, we really enjoyed the experience. The food was absolutely divine, very vibrant and flavourful, fresh and well cooked. The menu is really great, with a wide variety of dishes, some of which we hadn't seen in other Indian restaurants which makes the Gandhi special. Overall it was an excellent experience, service was great and the food was outstanding. The best Indian we have ever had... we will be back!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I order so food to take away. It was a busy night so staff were very busy but friendly and you can see they have very loyal local customers. Main dish was delightful and Nan bread as well, but I also ordered a cucumber raita which had been, a bit rushed...

Would definitely go again if I went to Southampton again.