“Friendly service, great food, many gin, all of the rum.”
Review of The Rockstone

The Rockstone
Ranked #23 of 901 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Craft beer, real ale and cider. 200+ spirits. Best Gourmet burgers in Southampton, Street food. Vegan and gluten free wizardry. 2 beer gardens. Monthly events & tap takeovers. 2 for £22 Burger Night every Monday and Tuesday 17.00 to 21.30. Student Wednesdays every Wednesday. Rock the Stone drink deals and alternative / rock / metal music Friday and Saturday 21.00 till late. Food is served between 12.00-21.30 Mon-Sat, 12.00-21.00 Sun. Booking is advised, especially at weekends and match days. Well behaved dogs are welcome at The Rockstone provided they are kept on a lead and off the furniture. Children and under-18s welcome 12.00-20.00 and later provided they are with an adult. Please contact us if you have any special dietary requirements or other queries as we are happy to accommodate your requests.
Reviewed 22 May 2014

As a gin fanatic I can think of no other place I would rather be on a Saturday night than the rockstone. It's extensive collection of spirits mean that I get to try something new each time I visit. The staff are incredibly clued up and you can ask them for recommendations based on your personal preferences and I am always delighted with their choice. There is also a huge selection of rums (yummm), a varied selection of ales and ciders that are more often than not locally sourced.
The atmosphere in the pub is great everyone is there to enjoy the good food, good drinks and music and have an a great time so there is never any trouble. It can be busy at the weekend- as a local I make this mistake often and forget to book. If you can book in advance- do it. Otherwise you might have to drink a bit more before you get to order your burger.
This pub ticks all of the boxes for me. It's like a hybrid of a proper local pub combined with an American smokehouse.
The food is excellent I keep an eye out for special nights that they run like the open mic, pizza and cocktails nights and obviously their ale and cider festivals because it's ruddy excellent and there's something about a hot smoked pizza with cheese dripping off of it that gets me every time. And yes the burgers are my favourite and stacked beyond my wildest dreams.

Burger of choice: This is England - cheddar, chutney and fresh juicy meat - it's all I ever want really.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,056)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The best burger place I've been to in Southampton. You can choose any one from menu with no regrets. Totally worth. Nothing like this besides food chains in Brazil. Also great music!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I am unashamedly a massive fan of the Rockstone and genuinely travel down once a month from London to eat/drink there with my old Uni mates.

The selection of food on the menu is extraordinary: I must confess I actually steal all their ideas for toppings on my burgers at home - black pudding and St. Agur - delicious!

The staff are friendly, the service is excellent and the food speaks for itself! Downsides? It gets very very busy and on more than one occasion I've either been unable to get a table or had to wait a bit for my food but I'm realistic, if there was any realistic way to rectify this I'm convinced they would have!

Keep up the great work guys and girls!

Reviewed 8 May 2014 via mobile

Went for a staff meal at the Rockstone, all of had the burgers, all of which were great, I had the volcano burger which was extremely hot and I loved it. Great range of rums and gins. Will definatly be back

1  Thank Hendricks3223
Reviewed 5 May 2014

good value, fresh cooked proper burgers, I could not eat the burger bun- this is a BIG meal ! went here with a few friends from work we had such a good night I normally choose vege or fish, but I had heard so much about the beef burgers I just had to have one. Great pub atmosphere, great bluegrass music, very busy on a Saturday night, a compact pub I loved it. Look forward to going again soon
This is not a romantic restaurant it is a good old fashioned pub ,run very well with proper food drink & music.

1  Thank KAREN B