“Nice food, affordable prices.”
Review of The Stile

The Stile
Ranked #404 of 870 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Pizza, British, Pub
Reviewed 18 April 2014

It is not often as a student that I eat out in pubs, however my parents visited me in Southampton and so decided to take me for a pub lunch. I had heard good reviews of the stile from a few of my flat mates and for convenience due to the fact it resides around 7 minutes from where I live, we decided to eat here. Upon entrance the pub has a friendly atmosphere and so we sat down on a table and looked through the menus.The prices were all very reasonable and the food was delicious. I very much enjoyed the visit and will definitely visit again.

There are newer reviews for The Stile

Reviewed 17 October 2013

What an experience ... I ordered a kebab doner sandwich, and half an hour later, was told that they do not have any left. I then ordered a tuna sandwich, and another half an hour passed (literally - I was there 1 pm to 2 pm) and they brought me a chicken sandwich. I told them I didn't want this and want my money back because I had class at 2, and they gave me back the money a pound short as their card machine wasn't give our receipts and I couldn't prove how much I paid...disgusting treatment, the manager basically threw the money at me and didn't apologize once.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Stile, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Jennifer A, thank you for your recent feedback on Trip Advisor. Your comments were a concern to hear and I would like to investigate your visit further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, John Barras

Reviewed 3 August 2013

This place has had a make over but it is still the same old dump. You can't gild a turd. The staff were swearing behind the bar, and the beer garden although nice was filled with smokers and push chairs. It is like a creche. They try to attract students but there is obvious hostility between locals and students. Food was ok, but beer is over priced. Go to the Crown down the road instead.

Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Before this place was a typical pub for being next to a university but it has had a make over and inside is now very nice. The food hasn't changed however so it's just normal. The prices are always affordable so it's worth a look and a taste but don't expect too much it's a mostly pub not a restaurant. If they improve their service I'm sure they'll be a better place to easy and drink.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

The Stiles is conveniently located right off Highfield campus of the University of Southampton. The menu is standard for its chain, but I really enjoy the fish n' chips in particular. Pretty cheap food and has drink deals. The staff has always been friendly in my experience.