“Downhill rapidly”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband goes every week to the pub quiz and eats there. We visit as a family every fortnight, well until now. The new menu was good for about 2-3 weeks until their so called chef churns out almost in edible food, often missing parts of the main
components. The staff are slow, not very helpful and inexperienced. The manager Matt is never there and desperately needs to keep an eye in his staff and work in improvement. The pub is dirty, bits of food and wrapper from sauces all over the floor. I won't even mention the toilets. Disappointing as our local and handy but I would rather drive somewhere where I can get decent food and service. Poor is an understatement.

2  Thank PrincessJKB
There are newer reviews for Bellemoor Tavern

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We ate here at least once a week for years , sometimes as an entended family of 12 or as a couple. Mostly lunch times.Our favourite was the ranch steak meal 2 for £10 Often, as pensioners we had the lunch special of gammon steak and a drink for £4.99 .always well cooked and enjoyable. We went in last week and menu completely changed. Single page carboard menues with green text .No pictures. All prices raised ie fish and chips up £2 ! No ranch steaks , no lunch deals. We looked around and there were 2 couples sitting down .Often we used to have to wait to even get a table ! So, we walked out. So we now need to find a new eating place.

2  Thank jallen_13
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Came in for a roast dinner one Sunday, bar staff were welcoming and helpful-didnt have to wait long for a table.
I was astonished when the plates came out, there were two great big pieces of chicken on them and with a good selection of vegetables. Home-made yorkshires too, always a winner with me.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having been regular diners for a period of over 8 years in groups of two up to twelve people each month I have always been well satisfied with the quality of food its been good value for money. What a pity then when visiting this Sunday 24th Nov for a roast for two. The menu has changed with hardly any choice. The price has increased by £2 per meal. But worst of all was the food. My Chicken was nearly cold, the roast potatoes burnt outside and not cooked. The yorkshire pudding burnt raw inside. We asked for our money back, I also cancelled a Xmas booking for 14 people. Whats going on it wasn't even busy. The customers had dissapeared too. What a pity. Jo

2  Thank Jo P
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The Bellemoor is a pub local to us, which we have used quite a bit. It has always been cheap and cheerful, no complaints. They have just released a new menu, which we decided to try last night. I have to say for value for money, this was excellent!

The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble. It was just a 'can't be bothered to cook' last minute thing to go there, so we only had one course, but it was excellent. My husband had the wild boar burger, which came with fried egg, roasted apple & black pudding, and he upgraded to sweet potato chips. I had the brie and red pepper savoury cheesecake with sweet potato chips, and both meals were excellent. My husband also had two pints of ale and I had a coke and a tea, and the bill was only just over £25, a real bargain.

A lot of the bargain meal pubs are very poor quality, but I have to say the food here was excellent in every respect and we will be frequenting a lot more regularly.

2  Thank HappyTraveller0350