“Gone from great to bad all with the change of a menu”
Review of Bellemoor Tavern

Bellemoor Tavern
Ranked #650 of 909 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Ate here on Sunday (12.45pm) and was very surprised that not only could we park in their car park but also that it was almost empty inside, sat down and discovered that they had changed their Menu! what was once a inviting colourful menu with lots to choose from is now a drab sheet of paper with over priced food on it. The meals were only so so and the plates were so hot that I burnt my finger tips trying to move it away quickly from where the waitress had plonked it down in front of my 8 month old. Sadly this place had gone down hill fast, we stopped coming to the quiz nights a few weeks back because the guy that runs the quiz is so rude and obnoxious. Sad to say I don't think we will ever return here now and this used to be our favourite, based on the emptiness and other reviews we are not the only one's to think this.

1  Thank Lelia R
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Bellemoor Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Lelia R

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Bellemore who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Bellemore soon.

Kind regards,

John Barras

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

My husband goes every week to the pub quiz and eats there. We visit as a family every fortnight, well until now. The new menu was good for about 2-3 weeks until their so called chef churns out almost in edible food, often missing parts of the main
components. The staff are slow, not very helpful and inexperienced. The manager Matt is never there and desperately needs to keep an eye in his staff and work in improvement. The pub is dirty, bits of food and wrapper from sauces all over the floor. I won't even mention the toilets. Disappointing as our local and handy but I would rather drive somewhere where I can get decent food and service. Poor is an understatement.

2  Thank PrincessJKB
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We ate here at least once a week for years , sometimes as an entended family of 12 or as a couple. Mostly lunch times.Our favourite was the ranch steak meal 2 for £10 Often, as pensioners we had the lunch special of gammon steak and a drink for £4.99 .always well cooked and enjoyable. We went in last week and menu completely changed. Single page carboard menues with green text .No pictures. All prices raised ie fish and chips up £2 ! No ranch steaks , no lunch deals. We looked around and there were 2 couples sitting down .Often we used to have to wait to even get a table ! So, we walked out. So we now need to find a new eating place.

2  Thank jallen_13
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Came in for a roast dinner one Sunday, bar staff were welcoming and helpful-didnt have to wait long for a table.
I was astonished when the plates came out, there were two great big pieces of chicken on them and with a good selection of vegetables. Home-made yorkshires too, always a winner with me.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Having been regular diners for a period of over 8 years in groups of two up to twelve people each month I have always been well satisfied with the quality of food its been good value for money. What a pity then when visiting this Sunday 24th Nov for a roast for two. The menu has changed with hardly any choice. The price has increased by £2 per meal. But worst of all was the food. My Chicken was nearly cold, the roast potatoes burnt outside and not cooked. The yorkshire pudding burnt raw inside. We asked for our money back, I also cancelled a Xmas booking for 14 people. Whats going on it wasn't even busy. The customers had dissapeared too. What a pity. Jo

2  Thank Jo P