“Great Experience”
Review of Mayflower Theatre

Mayflower Theatre
Ranked #3 of 130 things to do in Southampton
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had tickets for "Dance 'til Dawn" following a lovely lunch in the Ovation Restaurant upstairs (reviewed separately). We parked in the multi storey just a short walk away. The theatre itself is large, open and airy. We had tickets in the stalls, row T seats 32/33. These are to the left of centre about two thirds back. The seats were comfortable, with decent leg room. There is a good rake so had no problems seeing above the people in front. We had an excellent view of the whole stage, but would not have wanted to be much further to the side. The acoustics were good and we had no problems hearing. The temperature was comfortable and well maintained.

The show was superb. Vincent and Flavia performed at their awesome best, supported by a talented cast of actors, singers and dancers. A great experience all round.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Mayflower is a beautiful theatre that i have been to many times. It has maintained all it's beautiful features and is a real joy to visit for a play, concert, pantomime.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Fantastic show lovely atmosphere staff only to willing to help my only grumble would be the price of things so I take my own in future but otherwise thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the lion king

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Clean interior and a charming vintage feel. Very overcrowded at the beginning and end of a show in the main foyer but the service is fast for food and drinks and the queues move fast.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Went to see Vincent and Flavia in Dance 'til Dawn - what a fantastic evening's entertainment. Great fun and, as always, superlative dancing and singing from all the cast. This was our first visit to the Mayflower and made extra special by the front of house staff. I have to use an electric scooter for anything other than very short distances and I was delighted to find that not only was there an easily accessible special lounge for people with walking difficulties but a lovely lady who got our drinks and helped me to my seat whilst my husband parked my scooter in a bespoke area. Full marks to the Mayflower for making a good evening great.