“Excellent traditional Thai food!”
Review of Thai Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This restaurant serves beautiful, freshly cooked, traditional Thai food. We ate here again in February 2013 and again around Easter weekend. It was amazing as usual. They have now moved into a bigger premises across the road. The food is still amazing. The owners are lovely.

I notice on previous reviews people are mentioning the sticky rice being sticky and clumpy. Do not be put off by this, this is how sticky rice is supposed to be.

I have eaten a fair few meals in Thailand on holidays and this is the closest to what I have eaten over there. The food is awesome at Narumons- especially the Panang (my favourite is the beef) and the papaya salad is great. In fact, I have eaten here many times and not had a bad dish. The soups are lovely and the fish is always fresh and always tasty.

The staff are always friendly, courteous and helpful and this makes your evening even better.

Oh yeah, and you need to try the deep fried ice cream dessert, it is delicious!

1  Thank BRUCIE_lucy_Brian

Reviewed 8 April 2013

You don't get better quality authentic Thai food than you get at this super restaurant. The cooking standard is amazing. The food melts in the mouth. The service is first class too with friendliness and the staff cannot do more to please. You will go away feeling really pleased... a great evening out in a nice atmosphere with delicious food. The best!!!

Reviewed 9 March 2013

This restaurant has recently opened where a local cafe used to be and it does not look much from the outside, however do go in as you will not be disappointed. The food is beautifully presented and fresh. I have read poor reviews of the sticky rice, that is how Thai sticky rice is served, try other types of rice if not keen on the 'sticky' bit!
There is no license so bring your own, it is helpful that there is an off licence next door. The staff are so friendly and it makes for a very pleasant informal evening. Do not go here if you want fine dining in posh surroundings, do go here if you enjoy authentic fresh food in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Tonight was my first visit and we will be back!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

I took my parents here after hearing excellent reviews from friends. We were very disappointed and wouldn't dine here again . The starters were obviosly bought in , frozen produce - the fishcakes resembled discs of rubber! . I ordered the 'sticky rice' which was served in a plastic bag and appeared to have been microwaved dor too long as the rice was stuck together and immpossible to break up even when I added copious amounts of sauce! . The crispy duck was processed meat and not pure duck breast/leg.

The only postive aspect was the low cost of food and friendly staff .

Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

Having moved into their own premises on Shirley High St the experience is even better than it was before.
Lovely soups, delicious curries and all just how it tastes in Thailand....
Loved being able to bring my own wine as I am quite particular about what I drink:)
All in all a great meal - we will be back soon

1  Thank TravelMush