“BEST THAI FOOD OUTSIDE OF THAILAND”
Review of Thai Cafe - CLOSED

Thai Cafe
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2013

DELICIOUS YET AGAIN

have eaten thai food in many different locations over the years as it is my favourite and in my opinion this is the best i have had outside of thailand

lovely flavours, fresh ingredients and able to adapt /change dishes if required

they now have an alcohol licence also which is a bonus:)

There are newer reviews for Thai Cafe

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I ordered the Green Thai Chicken Curry, Masaman Beef Curry, Egg Fried Rice. To be honest I was disappointed. Only 4 pieces of chicken and the same for the beef. Hidden by loads of potato in the beef curry (a bit chewy) and loads of bamboo shoots for the chicken. I expected more as the size of the dishes were generous.The thai curry was a bit tasteless. I did receive a phone call though as beef was not an option for the Masaman Curry so the lady kindly checked with me beforehand, which was good to see! The egg fried rice was also a bit tasteless I'm afraid. This was my first experience and sad to say, I won't be returning. Felt a bit cheated!

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

We went to Narumon's for an evening meal yesterday, and thoroughly enjoyed the superb food. We are regular visitors to Thailand, and feel that we had real, tasty Thai dishes, all freshly prepared to order.
There is a nice menu, with all the favourites we expected to see. We started with crispy duck spring rolls, not at all greasy as you find in some restaurants, and a dish of Som Tum, papaya salad to share. This was followed by Thai green chicken curry and rice for us both.
Although they do have a licence, currently you are able to take your own wine, paying a reasonable corkage fee. Shortly alcohol will be available when eating in..
A smaller menu is available from the food stall with seating that Mon runs in Southampton city centre precinct when the street market is there at the end of every week. Again, everything is freshly cooked to order, and she has a loyal clientele queuing for their lunches.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have recently moved to Southampton so are trying our local restaurants...and this Thai cafe has it all. The food is authentic and the standard of cooking is very high. You can take your own wine ( there is a small corkage fee ) so it works out really inexpensive. There were four of us so we managed to try 4 starters and 5 main courses. The chicken larb is lovely...red curry ...pad thai noodles...all fantastic...just go and order a few things you have never tried before...you will love it. Our bill for the 4 of us came to £45.00 you can't fault that.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

After enjoying the food from the stall many times, I booked Narumon for my birthday dinner. The food was as delicious as I have come to expect and really reasonably priced. My favourite dish as always was the fresh and tasty Som Tam, but after speaking to everyone, it was compliments all round for the food.

Although we were a large party (and possibly quite excitable), the service was great and very accommodating.

All in all our party was extremely happy and I think Narumon has even gained some new fans.