“Very poor”

Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7
Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
“Very poor”
Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

A terrible bed and the breakfast was almost in edible the staff apologised when I paid the bill even though I made no mention of my dissatisfaction .Have stopped in several Holiday inns in the past and they have always been fine.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julian C
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay

We apologise that you did not find the complimentary breakfast to your satisfaction and have provided your feedback to the head chef to ensure that further training is provided to the brigade in an effort to improve the standard of the offering further.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Thai first
Reading
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Ok, so it's relatively inexpensive, but this is more somewhere to stay when on the move than a destination in itself. The room was fine, the staff were decent, breakfast was very disappointing. There was nothing really wrong with the place apart from the breakfast (cheap sausages, tasteless eggs), but nothing to really write home about either.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Damian K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear GyorsAngol,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. However, I am sorry that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Two of us stayed for just one night on the way to our 2 week cruise around the med,we could not have been more pleased with the standard of the hotel and the way we were treated by the staff.
the room was very comfortable,clean and quiet.
the breakfast was good with a good choice of food for all types .
well done holiday inn !!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mickwitt55
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2013

Stayed here the day before our cruise and the day we got back - we were pleasantly pleased, the staff were helpful. Our room was clean and welcoming. We ate in the restaurant it was nothing exciting but was tasty and fairly priced. We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dawlish, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Trouble free stay - it was the second Holiday Inn Express for me in a week so there were similarities. The room was cosy but clean. Standard bathroom layout. Breakfast was also the same as before - selection of cold and some hot items. For the price I paid I reckon good value for money.

Room Tip: I had a quiet stay facing the cricket ground and car park on floor 3
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Trinity Fl
Reviewed 10 May 2013

The staff at this hotel was one of best I had the pleasure of dealing with, they were polite, helpful and proffessional. The hotel was nice and the breakfast that was complimentary was very good. The location was a little out of the way and increased our expenses using the taxi service. It was offset by the staff and the service we recieved from the time we got there until we left..

Room Tip: We were on the first floor and it was very nice and quiet. We had connecting room with my sister wh...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Hopton on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed for 3 nights on business. The hotel is well situated just off the M27 East bound. There's not much nearby and your probably looking at a 10 minute walk to McDonalads or other fast food places. It is a clean hotel and the rooms are spacious. The lobby area is bright with a bar/restaurant off set to the side. Food is ok but nothing special....dont expect your steak to be cooked other than well done! No real facilities and internet at £10 for 24 hrs for me is just stealing!The real area of concern for this hotel is their lack of service towards Priority club members, they simply do not care. I can only echo recent comments made by others. Quite clearly this is an issue for this hotel and I have raised my opinion directly with IHG. As a Plat Royal Ambassador this has to be the worst hotel for doing anything for its so called valued customers. I am not asking for the red carpet but some recognition would be nice for all the money and loyalty I bring to IHG. The management clearly do not emphasize the importance of priority members to their staff and I would describe their service no better than travelodge, i.e. quick check in quick check out! I would recommend this hotel if you want a clean, comfortable place to stay. However, for Priority club members this place is awful and I will not stay here ever again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the lifts!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear scopie100,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Royal Ambassador member, we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel.

I am pleased that you liked our rooms and our lobby area and that you appreciate the hotel's cleanliness. Our hotel is very proud of its level of cleanliness and quality of amenities.

I was disappointed to hear that we were unable to give you the typical high level of service our Ambassadors deserve. All our team members pay special attention to our loyal Ambassador and PCR members and can only offer you my sincere apologies for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion. I am truly sorry for the experience that you were given.

Thank you for your business and hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back as one of our Ambassador members and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Dhan M