“Pre-Cruise Stay”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Southampton
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Pre-Cruise Stay”
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

Second stay at this hotel - We are gold elite holiday inn members and this stay didnt disappoint - nice rooms - friendly staff - ample parking
-breakfast is the usual good standard

We will be back soon I'm sure :-)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrStevens000
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Highly Valued Repeat Guest

We really appreciate your repeat custom and your recognition of our high standards, comfortable accommodation, wonderful friendly staff and excellent breakfast offering .

We hope you had a lovely cruise and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel when you are next in the area. Hopefully next time we will earn 5 stars in your review .

Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Thai first
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for a business trip to Southampton, Portsmouth or Fareham in my opinion. I found the reception and restaurant staff very polite and friendly and the dinner menu was varied.....the free breakfast was one of the tastiest I've had for a long time. The room was clean and serviceable, and although the towels weren't the fluffiest they were more than adequate. I had opted for the fast wifi option on booking the room and this was worthwhile to be able to use my laptop in the room. I would definitely consider staying here again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Essex
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently on a business trip with a colleague and was really impressed, not only with the hotel generally but with the excellent customer service I personally received as I checked out the next day and realised as soon as I got back to London that I had left behind in the room my overnight bag.

I telephoned the hotel immediately who informed me that my bag had been found by housekeeping and I made arrangements with them for it to be returned to me using Royal Mail parcel post. This they did most promptly and I safely received it with contents intact.

They restored my faith in the human race and I would most definitely stay there again. I should add that the room was most comfortable and clean, and the breakfast good.

Room Tip: I would choose the ground floor as it is closer to reception and the dining hall.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Chorleywood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Two nights spent in this new HIE hotel. Good staff, good and spacious rooms. Loads of parking. Everything clean, decent bar.

Minor bugs:
1. The hotel twice refused my credit card which apart from being mildly embarrassing and irritating, was incorrect on the hotels part. I even phoned the CC provider fir them to confirm that the hotel had requested the payment in an 'incorrect way'. Working in banking and IT, HI needs to do a bit more testing and get this right.
2. My meal on the second night was truly dreadful. I was starving having been working for 14 hours without a break. The Thai Green curry was truly tasteless. So much so that I ate less than a third despite my hunger.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Please accept our apologies that your Thai curry did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately you did not mention anything at all during your stay or we would have gladly prepared an alternate dish for you. All our meals are freshly prepared to order and as a result of your feedback we have arranged for further training to be provided to the team on duty on the evening of your stay.

Kindly note that it is our published policy to pre authorise all credit cards for the full cost of the stay prior to arrival and a further £ 50 at time of check in. We appreciate that in a few occasions the merchant services systems may not work properly and we apologise that this appears to have been the case during your stay. As you will appreciate we do require these pre authorisations to be taken to ensure that guests have the funds in their accounts to settle their bills on departure and we are merely complying with merchant services rules in this regard.

We thank you very much for your recognition of the efforts of our team, the high standards of cleanliness and the comfort within our rooms.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and to ensure that we get everything perfect for you on your next stay

Kind regards
ipswich
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We used this hotel on a recent visit to Southampton for a quick stop over with our children, family room was booked and we arrived late that evening and walked into a nice large bedroom with main bed and sofa bed set up for the kids, only issue is they had to to share which if they were a little older may have been a problem, but not a major issue.

Room was clean, warm and breakfast was great the next morning, all in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Powerscape
CBB99, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Southampton M27 Jct 7, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear Highly Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback following your family visit to our hotel.

We are delighted you found our large family room to your satisfaction and that you particularly enjoyed the standards of cleanliness and your breakfast the following morning . We recommend in future if your children prefer separate beds to a shared sofabed, you may perhaps consider one of our interconnecting pairs of rooms so your children can enjoy their own room with separate single beds, whilst at the same time providing you with some privacy within your own room.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to our hotel
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Great hotel, good location very quick and easy to get on and off the motorway! Hotel restaurant was quite good, food was not too expensive but I found the eating area to be quite dark. Would recommend!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Highly Valued Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your lovely feedback via Tripadvisor. We will make sure we adjust the Conservatory restaurant lighting as recommended .

We hope to have the pleasure of being of service to you in the near future

Best wishes
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Ideal for a weekend break. Near Southampton city centre but not on top of it.
Splendid rooms very clean & comfortable. One complaint-get down to breakfast early- otherwise the dining area tends to get very crowded

Room Tip: always choose a room on the upper floors- no noise from rooms above
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple