“Good foody”

Ranked #5 of 881 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

The food was very good and the staff were very friendly. Good restaurant/ cafe (?) if you don't really care about the decor, if just the food and the atmosphere counts, then this is the right restaurant for you.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

From the moment we stepped into the restaurant we were greeted with smiling, friendly faces! Service was spot on, food was excellent and the value for money was brilliant! The owner and his wife were so lovely and we can't wait to celebrate my mums wedding reception there! Thank you so much - would highly recommend!!!!!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I decided to visit with family, based on the reviews read here on trip advisor. We each got the meze, which was just under £18 per person. Very surprised by the one star review given recently as we couldn't have been happier with the food and service! (And they are definitely NOT bought dips - haven't had tastier houmous anywhere!) We counted a total of 10 dishes, all adapted to the party size so as not to crowd the table with three lots of each dish! Dishes included pita and dips, stuffed vine leaves, meatballs and calamari, all very impressive and tasted great. The best part was being greeted by the owners like old friends upon arrival. One piece of important advice though; don't fill yourself up on the pita bread - there is so much more to come! And if you want to take away some remaining food, they packed up the last two dishes for us to take home!

1  Thank S S
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I visited the Blue Island with some work friends as we all love Greek food and it didn't sound too bad from the reviews. As we walked through the door, it was as though we had been transported to a little Greek restaurant on one of the islands! The fabulous smell of the traditionally cook food and the basic surroundings were like stepping back into the 80's and all those family holiday memories came flooding back! We all immediately agreed it felt very relaxed and we ordered our food with high expectations. We shared a starter of dips, grilled cheese and warm soft pita breads. There was plenty of it and none of us were disappointed. The main courses were a good size and my moussaka was the best I've ever eaten... even in Greece! It was lovely to see young families coming in to eat and I could see why people return time and time again. We had a great relaxed evening with excellent traditional food, which was good value for money. The staff were very helpful and not at all pushy. I will certainly be taking my family along soon. Only a very slight grumble... whilst I loved the rustic look downstairs, the upstairs toilets (although very clean) could all do with a little smartening up. But that would never put me off going and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Visited this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and have to say was not disappointed!! My parents are also Greek so had high expectations of the food and it certainly did not disappoint! The meze was ridiculous dish after dish of traditional homemade greek food...meatballs and dolmades were AMAZING!! The chicken was also outstanding...the kitchen is open and you can see it going round on the barbecue...so tender and delicious!! We were were made to feel at home as soon as we walked through the door and felt i like was on holiday in Cyprus! I will definitely be taking my parents there when they are down in Southampton...if anyone wants a taste of Cyprus/Greece on the South Coast this is the restaurant to visit.