“Best Greek meze and Lovely People!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Blue Island
Ranked #9 of 840 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Greek meze and Lovely People!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staying in Bournemouth we are limited of our choice in Greek restaurants and food. So me and 3 of my best friends decided to go to Southampton in tavern Blue Island,and we definitely did not regret it!!! As it was our first time there, the owners were very friendly and made us feel like our home. The service was amazing and the food we ordered, mezes but also some other dishes, were very tasty and well cooked. Definitely suggest to go, not only for the good prices but also of the lovely people and environment!It worthed our travel from Bournemouth and me and my friends are planning it for next week!! Highly recommended!
boscombe Th.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank th s

• Greek first
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great place, delicious food .Home cooked with Simon always by your side. Been there many times since 1998. Keep up the good worj. Regards from Cyprus Dj Louis

“Amazing Greek meze”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been in many restaurant's but not like blue island.I came from Portsmouth with my girlfriend to taste it myself.Only one word AMAZING.You must try the Greek meze best ever eaten.

“Could not fault it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We went there to celebrate 3 of our staff leaving. Brilliant service. Fantastic hospitality and wonderful food. There were 30 of us present for a meze and we dined like kings! Complimentary wine was a really nice touch especially for those who were going. Everyone was very well looked after including our vegetarian friends. Great atmosphere, highly relaxing and we spent nearly 3 hours eating and chatting - exactly how an evening out should be.

Highly recommended.

The owner is a star. When we booked he was very relaxed about the whole thing including numbers and our approximate time of arrival. Awesome!

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Best food in Southampton.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

What can I say. My wife and I saw reviews on Trip Advisor and thought we would give it a go. For two people that are fussy about their food, this place really delivered. If you like beautifully cooked fresh food and great service then the Blue Island will not disappoint. You couldn't ask for more friendly owners and melt in the mouth food. We will definatly be going back.
If you are ever in Southampton and feel the need to eat, then all I can say is try it. You will not regret it.