“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 926 Restaurants in Southampton
Price range: US$6 - US$28
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional English and Greek food. Breakfast, lunch, Thursday Friday and Saturday nights from 18:00 till 22:00 traditional Greek food (mezedes)
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

After reading all the reviews we had high expectations of this restaurant. However we were very disappointed, our dining friends had lived in Cyprus for several years and described it as the worst Greek food they had eaten. The quantity of food was plentiful, but the quality of the meat and ingredients were poor. I hate to leave a negative review on an independent restaurant, but I also hate to spend money on poor quality food. The service however was very good and friendly.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I visited Blue Island again on Saturday night. The food here is excellent and Simon, Christina and the waitresses are incredibly welcoming. Choosing what to eat is always difficult as it's all so delicious. But my favourites are the dolmades which are beautifully cooked and seasoned, the baked feta, the mushrooms, the childen souvla and the kleftico. The food is seasoned to perfection. We always return to the Blue Island because you get the best food and the best atmosphere compared to other places. Its good for a romantic dinner or for groups of friends and family. (the restaurant doesn't take credit cards so you'll need to bring cash!). Thank you Blue Island!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love the food at Blue Island. Quite often a group of us from work will pop in at lunch time. I love the mousakka here. The mediterranean chicken is amazing as well. I am not a fan of calamari, so I have not tried it here, but my colleagues tell me that the calamari here is the best calamari that they have ever had.

When you are outside, Blue Island is an unassuming looking place but the food is lovely and the staff are really friendly.

As well as lunch visits, I have done the evening Greek Meze a couple of times as well. The food at the evening meze does not disappoint. Plentiful and very tasty.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

A nice restaurant, food very good. Staff pleasant. Its not a very big restaurant but i can imagine what its like when its packed out.

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

Visited tonight for my husband's birthday. As always the food,service and hospitality was perfect. I cannot rate this beautiful little part of Greece on Southampton high Street highly enough.....every course of the delicious meze was mouthwatering.....thank u so much for a perfect night....we will definitely be back soon xx