“Great Food,”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My family and I had lunch here yesterday. Great food and huge portions. The homemade lasagne was lovely and the fish and chips was massive. My husband claims the fish and chips was up amongst the best pub meals he has had! Lady behind the bar was very friendly and helpful. Will definitely be back!

1  Thank TheDink7

Reviewed 13 February 2014

6 of us had a late lunch here yesterday. Living locally and looking for a pub that served food all day the anchor fitted the bill. Food was fantastic, 3 of us had lasagne, not greasy as other reviews suggested and the fish and chips was rated as one of the best ever eaten. Portions are very generous and the chef happy to swap things around for us. Very friendly staff, good beers - we will most definitely be back soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had a meal with my partner, having driven past many times. I'm glad to say we were not disappointed! The service was excellent and the food was amazing, we both had burgers, homemade and delicious, we will definitely be back! Thanks guys great job

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the Anchor for my Sons Birthday , the atmosphere is friendly, relaxed and welcoming, soo much better since the new people have taken over , the chef does an amazing job with the food, so we all had an enjoyable time , Thankyou Ben !

Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went there because of what i had read about it on here won't go again , we had lasagne it was just warm not hot, greasy certainly not a reasonable price