“good food and friendly service”
Review of La Tavernetta

La Tavernetta
Ranked #15 of 889 Restaurants in Southampton
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We visited this restaurant in early January. The place was empty, only one table occupied, ok it was a little before 22 pm and the restaurant looked nice, so we decided go inside ... the food was good, as well as their choice of wine ... service was very friendly and always smiling. When we will be in Southampton, we would like visit this restaurant again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

I went here last night because I have yet to try this restaurant, having sampled most other places in Southampton already. The portions sizes are decent and is of good quality. Customer service was very good; I was particularly impressed when the waitress was genuinely interested in my feedback after we had finished eating. The only criticism was that our mains came out literally as we had just finished our starter. I hadn't actually put down my knife and fork when the waiter was giving us our mains, hence the 4/5. Having said that, I do like to get our food quickly, I hate when the waiters forget you, but it was a little rushed. Overall, a very pleasant experience, good menu choices, central location, and caring staff

Reviewed 3 April 2014

You can tell the chef really puts a lot of time and effort in to perfecting the taste of the food. Always have an excellent meal when I go here and it has yet to let me down. The staff are friendly and always take time to get to know you. It does get busy at times usually on Saturday evenings but that can be expected for any city centre restaurant. I highly recommend the panacotta it is one of the best I have tried and the calzones are packed full of flavour. Come here if you crave real comfort food.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Four of us ate here yesterday early evening before going to the theatre, we asked about the waiting time before we ordered and got served very effeciently, good food in a pleasant atmosphere and fair prices, our Gourmet card helped. Would certainly go again. We were the only people there and then it filled up, that is a good sign.

1  Thank Mel B
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Food used cheap ingredients with little thought put into serving (of the 3 mussels on my pizza, 1 was an empty shell!).

Waiting staff were nice but got 3 elements of our order wrong. Service was also slow; 1.5hrs for a main course only and they weren't even full!

2  Thank Dravvin
Amorkou, Owner at La Tavernetta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your comments and I'm sorry if you didn't enjoy your visit. I don't think your complain is serious or April fools joke. I don't believe if we are not busy will take us an hour and a half to serve you pizza and as for ingredients we only use the best ones. Why would we use empty mussel on a pizza? For what purpose? Anyway the customer it's always right and I really hope to serve you again to change your mind about us, thank you. George . Owner