“Top Class”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I visited for the first time last night and was very impressed. I had read the good reviews which influenced my decision to go. I had the chicken madras and it was perfect, just enough heat without being too hot. I ordered a plain nan with the curry and again perfect. This place is run by people from the south of India and is a cut above the average Bangladesh curry house I see around the country. I would like to visit again and try something different just to see how good it is. Great food well prepared.

4  Thank DavidandHelen
There are newer reviews for Kohinoor of Kerala

Awsome experience !

After reaching to Southampton, Kohinoor gives me the feeling like I was back in my surroundings !
The food was exciting and it's my pleasure to write about the authentic South Indian taste ..

Friendly service and a better place to hang out ... We'll definitely visit again !

3  Thank Jinu T
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is a first class Indian Restaurant. Warm staff and food that never disappoints. We regularly make a fifty mile round trip to eat here

4  Thank Andrew J
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Probably the best Indian food I have ever had. This is by far my favorite restaurant in southampton. Amazing food, great service and reasonable price. If you are looking for decent Indian food then you must try Kohinoor, especially if you are looking for South Indian food.

4  Thank DivyaTom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had a good meal here on a Monday night - there were a number of other tables eating, which is always a good sign on a Monday, atmosphere was good, service wasn't rushed, they have Mongoose on tap which I personally think is a bonus and the food was good quality at a good price. Why not 5* - It just wasn't outstanding...better than your average "curry house" definitely, but not quite up there with the presentation (either of the food or restaurant). Having said that, I will probably go back and try it again!! :)

2  Thank NickW1974