“Great coffee and cake”
Review of The Coffee Room - CLOSED

The Coffee Room
“Great coffee and cake”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

One of the best places to go for a coffee. Nice decor throughout and lovely chairs.
The cakes are small but filling and the coffee is great.

• Visited October 2013

Southampton
“Great local coffee”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Love this local cafe at the end of my street. The Origin coffee is supper band the bacon bloomer are a hit with the kids.

Visited October 2013
“Not disappointed!”
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Having planned to visit Bridge and Mo's new enterprise since they opened, we finally found the the time and made the trip. We had been actually been to Shirley and driven back home to Totton when I said "we could go to see the new cafe", so we did a quick u-turn at the end of our road and drove back. Having driven past previously to check-out the location, we were able to park easily and were very impressed by the whole experience. Mo has done a great job with the fit-out and the range of food on offer is equally impressive, with three styles of seating - you can sit at the window and watch the world go by, sink into a sofa at low-level, or at a 'normal' table. Bacon sarnies and a nice pot of tea, real tea in nice tea-pots and a read of the Saturday papers, luxury!
With an easy-going period at work approaching and a couple of weeks off over Xmas I can see myself dropping t'other half off at SGH and making a repeat visit! These guys know how to recruit staff, too!

• Visited December 2012
“Great local cafe”
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

The Coffee Room is a wonderful destination ideally placed to serve local residents. I live around the corner and have visited several times. I have always been given a warm welcome and it really feels as though the staff recognise and remember you.
The coffee on offer is very nice and made well. There could perhaps be a greater selection of specialty flavourings but this a personal preference rather than a criticism. The selection of food is great as well with plenty of reasonably priced sandwiches all of which have been delicious on my visits.
The Coffee Room also offer a selection of fresh fruit and veg. I've never bought from there but it's a good idea especially for those times where you run out and don't fancy heading to the supermarket.
The surrounding are comfortable and clean, with wifi access and the outdoor seating is a nice addition (weather permitting) despite being on St James Rd which can be busy.
My only slight criticism is that the slices of cake - which look lovely - seem a tad pricey; £2.75 per slice in comparison with the price of some other items.
Overall though, very highly recommended and I've been making sure to take friends there when I can.

“A wonderful place to chill and catch up with friends.”
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Great inspiration by Bridget to open up a coffee shop in this location.......much needed.
Have been on average twice a week and each visit as good as the one before. Great selection of drinks and snacks and I love the fact that I can buy fresh fruit and vegetables. Congratulations go to Michele,Sebastian and Damian for always making us feel so welcome. So far I have been with friends, colleagues and business contacts and no one has been disappointed.

• Visited July 2012