“Wonderful staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Antico Boutique Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The room was comfortable , very clean with everything I needed. Food in the restaurant was good quality, though served a little cold. I arrive and went to find were to check in, not made very clear, went into the bar which was busy and I thought 'ow god were am I meant to go' but thankfully one of the staff members named Becky caught my eye and booked me into the hotel. Even though they were busy Becky didn't rush me, answered all my questions about the area making my first impression go from , ow god ! to a pleasure. Would highly recommend staying here. Accommodation may be average but Antico as an experience is Fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Antico Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 20 March 2013

The staff were lovely, room was quite nice and the location is great. Enjoyed my stay, and next time I go to Southampton I know where to stay. They allow great flexibility to the customers. Plus the ambience at the bar and the restaurant was just excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed last night, booked it as it was near to my sons uni accommodation, a bit like the previous review, was a little worried about the bar noise but was pleasantly surprised.

Room was very cold even with heating on, bed uncomfortable for me (room 9 Oriana) en suite very small, and have to agree with remark about tea bags, will take our own supply next time.

Breakfast was lovely, staff were lovely.

So long as you don't do a 4 in a bed room inspection and look for faults it's a nice B & B........ Description as a boutique hotel is a bit thin.

Would use again

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed for one night and our room and ensuite were very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The staff we met were friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was very good (poached eggs and bacon).
The bar area was quite busy on a Saturday night (with a nice crowd) and I was concerned about hearing noise in our room but this was not a problem at all; we had a peaceful nights sleep ( and we were facing the road).

Two very minor points: the wide selection of tea bags in the room did not include 'ordinary' English Breakfast tea. There wasn't a chair at the desk! (No problem for us as we didn't want to do any work!)

Antico is just round the corner from Oxford street with a great selection of bars and restaurants and very close to Oceon Village and our son's Hall of Residence (the reason for our visit).

We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a superior room on the top floor which was very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I stayed at Antico for 2 nights during a business trip. The room was clean, service was good, and the staff were friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, well presented and promptly served. Reception is currently at the bar but there are plans to develop a formal reception area. I had a small, single room facing the road, which was noisy at times, but I had read that on other reviews so expected it. Some of the double rooms face away from the road so you could probably ask for one when booking. There was a large booking in the restaurant on the night I ate there, but the staff still paid attention to me and I was served very promptly.

Room Tip: Quite a few of the rooms face onto busy roads but there are other double rooms facing away from the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at Antico hotel for 1 night on 26th January the experience was very hit and miss. On arrival there was no reception and we checked in at the bar where a very pleasant professional bar staff took us to our room, the room itself looked of good standard but there were a few little issue, there was no hotel information “Welcome back” with breakfast times, check out time , wifi information etc, the UHT milk provided in the room for tea and coffee facilities was nearly 3 months out of date with a best before of November 2012, there is no wardrobe or cupboard for storing clothes which was not a huge drama as we were only staying 1 night but there was hangers provided on hooks in the room and no telephone in the room to contact staff if there was an issues. The room itself was very clean, very comfortable bed with very good pillows and noise was not an issue, the room could do with some touch up decoration but nothing major.
Our stay in the hotel was to take a friend and her partner out for a meal to celebrate her birthday and we decided on the hotel for the “20% discount” deal we were promised by email on confirmation of the hotel booking we were told at the end of the night on receiving the bill the offer is only available midweek much to our disappointment. This is a major issue that needs to be addressed if confirmation emails are stating offer that are not being fulfilled.
The restaurant itself was fantastic everyone enjoyed the food and it was of a very high standard and the staff was very professional and went out of their way to bring out the cake we had brought with us, we could not fault the service and this made us look forward to the delights of breakfast the next morning.
The rest of the evening was spend in the bar with again very good service and was a very nice atmosphere, heading to bed there was a small issue where the corridor outside a room marked “Private” smelt very strongly of cigarette smoke and was not very pleasant for 2 non smokers (especially as on the corridor wall there was a sign stating this property is a non smoking establishment)
As stated earlier both my partner and I were really looking forward to breakfast after the wonderful food and service in the restaurant the night before but much to our dismay it was almost like walking in to another establishment. Firstly we were not offered any tea or coffee from the waitress/bar staff just provided with the cooked breakfast menu and was told there was juice and cereal on the side of the bar. Where the cooked breakfast option all sounded very tempting, the selection of cereals (one huge bowl of cornflakes) and lack of any continental breakfast or pastries was very disappointing and Happy Shopper Yoghurts with 4 for £1.20 on the carton.
Both of us decided to order the full English breakfast to which the waitress hurried away to the kitchen again with no mention of any hot drinks and it would have been nice if there was an option of how the eggs where cooked (as there was Poached and Scrambled egg on the menu with other cooked options) but maybe that’s our opinion. My partner then asked if we could get two pots of tea which arrived in tea pots with scolding hot handles and no warning from the staff. The cooked breakfast arrived and was of reasonable standard but was served with cold toast (again no option of white or brown bread).
As a restaurant and bar this place cannot be faulted on either the service or food but as a hotel there is issue that need to be addressed. I would recommend this establishment as a restaurant but as a hotel it is a great shame that the service provided in the restaurant and bar does not continue into the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DMitch82
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have just spent the night at this hotel. It cost me £55 for a small single room which i was fine with. but the room was freezing even though the small radiator was on.
you were given tea etc with a kettle, but the milk was 3 months out of date....
the room continued to be cold over night.

plus the Wifi wasnt working---- i needed it to do work, business people do not go here!!
I had booked a taxi for 8.00am to get me to my interview. it had been arranged i would have breakfast at 7.45.
i was down at 7.40.. the cook seemed to be there but wasnt bothered about making my order. even more than this he was spending the time picking his nose.... the woman there continued to tell me it was cold and that the water on the stove was taking longer to head up therefore this is why my poached eggs were not ready.

the taxi arrived and still no food.... the woman asked if i wanted takeaway and this now being fried egg because its apparently quicker.... i agreed. got into the taxi but i made sure the food went straight into the nearest bin.... i dont really fancy a dirty meal make by a skanky cook.

advice --- 1) fire him dirty man.
2) get new double glazed windows

Room Tip: One that has no windows
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo