“Avoid this hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Southampton
Antico Boutique Hotel
Ranked #36 of 43 Southampton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed here 25th June 2013 in room 3. Booked into another hotel via bookings .com but they had a problem with booking so moved me to Antico hotel. It was the only room available in the locality.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
Bed was large and comfortable.
Bathroom was tiny and had to squeeze under sink to use toilet.
Window was ill fitting and resulted in a lot of road noise.
There was no wardrobe of chest of drawers in room, just a bar in an alcove.
I couldn't connect to WIFI with either phone or tablet as signal was poor.
TV signal was poor so couldn't watch anything. SIgnal lock on satellite was poor.
The bedroom door lock was hanging off which made it difficult to secure the door.
There was no room safe.
The bedroom door had a large gap at the bottom so voices/noises in the corridor were intrusive.
No A/C but a fan provided in room.
Had dinner in the hotel. The meat was so tough I had to send it back. I declined the offer of another portion and was still charged full price with no offer of a discount (I didn't ask for one).
I left without trying breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Paul H

Reviewed 13 June 2013

My fiance and I recently stayed for a weekend for my birthday, we were greeted like friends and nothing was too much bother. We stayed in the Titanic suite, a beautiful room - very clean and very big! All staff were very friendly, the bar downstairs is lovely, modern and welcoming. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

The hotel has a nice bar and restaurant attached to it, we stayed in superior room which was only slightly more expensive than a standard one but had a huge very comfortable bed and was a very spacious room (Room 2). Staff were nice and very accommodating. Breakfast was nice but only continental included in price. Cooked is extra but 50% off the menu price so only around £3-4 for something nice. You can walk to the City Centre and Ocean Village in about 5 mins so nice location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorse
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The room was comfortable , very clean with everything I needed. Food in the restaurant was good quality, though served a little cold. I arrive and went to find were to check in, not made very clear, went into the bar which was busy and I thought 'ow god were am I meant to go' but thankfully one of the staff members named Becky caught my eye and booked me into the hotel. Even though they were busy Becky didn't rush me, answered all my questions about the area making my first impression go from , ow god ! to a pleasure. Would highly recommend staying here. Accommodation may be average but Antico as an experience is Fantastic!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The staff were lovely, room was quite nice and the location is great. Enjoyed my stay, and next time I go to Southampton I know where to stay. They allow great flexibility to the customers. Plus the ambience at the bar and the restaurant was just excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Stayed last night, booked it as it was near to my sons uni accommodation, a bit like the previous review, was a little worried about the bar noise but was pleasantly surprised.

Room was very cold even with heating on, bed uncomfortable for me (room 9 Oriana) en suite very small, and have to agree with remark about tea bags, will take our own supply next time.

Breakfast was lovely, staff were lovely.

So long as you don't do a 4 in a bed room inspection and look for faults it's a nice B & B........ Description as a boutique hotel is a bit thin.

Would use again

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed 22 February 2013

We stayed for one night and our room and ensuite were very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
The staff we met were friendly and welcoming.
Breakfast was very good (poached eggs and bacon).
The bar area was quite busy on a Saturday night (with a nice crowd) and I was concerned about hearing noise in our room but this was not a problem at all; we had a peaceful nights sleep ( and we were facing the road).

Two very minor points: the wide selection of tea bags in the room did not include 'ordinary' English Breakfast tea. There wasn't a chair at the desk! (No problem for us as we didn't want to do any work!)

Antico is just round the corner from Oxford street with a great selection of bars and restaurants and very close to Oceon Village and our son's Hall of Residence (the reason for our visit).

We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a superior room on the top floor which was very comfortable and quiet.