“Freshest food I've tasted for a decade”
Review of Dhaka Indian Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I went to the Dhaka after recommendation from a colleague at my bank. I will remember the house special for a while. Will be visiting here again very shortly.
Service, food, quality, quantity all A*

3  Thank Mange11

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Went here on a Groupon offer with three other friends on Thursday 6th December.
The first problem we had to overcome was the parking which thankfully was found eventually in a side street a little way up off the main road.
When we entered the restaurant I nearly tripped over a small electric heater! We were shown to a table at the far end of the restaurant close to the kitchen (and the loos). Only one other table/booth was occupied when we entered and only one other couple came in during the evening. The whole restaurant was freezing cold and we were reluctant to take our coats off - certainly the tiny electric heater would not have been enough to warm the place if it had been on!
We knew there were menu restrictions because of the voucher deal but on inspecting the menu it became clear that the overall menu was pretty limited anyway. We ordered poppadoms and dips each and then 4 seperate mains to share as well as rice and a couple of side dishes and a couple of peshwari naan breads. When the food came, and believe me we had to wait an extreemly long time, although it was probably hot when it left the kitchen it was barely warm when it hit our plates! The meat with sauce dishes only had about 3 small pieces of meat in each - but ample sauce! The pilau rice had nuts in but as far as I noticed this was not noted on the menu or advised by the waiter. Flavour wise the food was OK but nothing more than that.
One of the group wanted a glass of cider with the meal but the waiter did point out that he wasn't serving it because it was off!

A little off putting to be able to see into the kitchen and notice that the 'chef' was wearing normal outdoor clothing i.e trousers and jumper whilst cooking food. He seemed to be eating at the same time too!
The overall appearance of the restaurant was one of neglect. It wasn't noticably dirty, just tired in its decor and presentation.

Price wise, it was cheap @ £8 per head (including the voucher) but it was only just bordering on value for money, especially considering we had also had a 30 minute drive to get there.

Would I go there again. No (Not even with a discout voucher)
Would I recommend it to anyone else. No

5  Thank boringFS
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I went here last night with 3 friends as had done a groupon deal which we had no problem at all booking we even changed the date after intially booking it,We were a bit worried after reading some reviews and the area it was in, we so shouldn't have been the restaurant was lovely and clean and the guy running it so helpful and friendly, i am really fussy about how spicy my curry is and he tailored all our curries to our needs, the food was without a doubt the best curry we had all eaten, plenty of it and will def be using again!

1  Thank lambnanny
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Been here a few times as they have regular deals on Groupon, Dont be put off by the surrounding area looking like the Bronx, The food and service are really good and weve eaten here 4 times now and highly recommend it.

1  Thank Steveo007
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Again had to write a poor review of a restaurant although I have not eaten here thought I would review the problems we had trying to book a table in case you are thinking of buying a voucher !

We bought a Groupon Voucher for 4 people and called up to book a table

First time I was told I could only have a table after 10.30pm
Same 2 nd time round !!
3rd time I just asked to book a table did not mention Groupon and they asked me if I had a voucher - (You had to book to use it) they said they were fully booked - a friend drove by and said it was empty!!

Last time was on a Sunday night - We called up and were told they were fully booked and we could come after 11pm !! Fed up with this we went to the restaurant at 8pm to find it was completely empty - they said we had not booked and could not use the voucher !!!!!

There was a funny smell in the restaurant - bit like a cheap toilet cleaner ! We went down the road to Manzil instead

I called Groupon and we had taken photos of the empty restaurant and had logged my calls so got a refund in full - thanks Groupon

Shame we were looking forward to trying a different Indian

Perhaps things turned out for the best

9  Thank Theofficemanager40