“Absolutely delicious”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am, yet again, perplexed by the poor reviews this restaurant has accrued. This is the second time we have eaten here, and on neither occasion have we had to wait for hours to be served or encountered poor service or food.
We had a Groupon voucher for our meal. It was difficult to book the meal as their phones have been out of order for some time, but our son went in and booked the table for us.
For our starter we had Dum Aloo, which was absolutely delicious, and arrived in a timely fashion along with our drinks. For our main course I had Chicken tikka biriani, which was so delicious I have actually thought about it since we went there. I know the food is all freshly prepared there, so the food would not be instantaneous, but we most certainly did not wait an inordinately long time for any of our food. I am looking forward to going back and having the best biriani I have ever had again.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a Groupon voucher to eat here and I tried all day to book a table, but the phone number was out of action. This turned out not to be a problem at all because, apart from a family who were just finishing their meals, we were the only customers.

Upon first sight, it seemed very pleasant with its size-related ambience of miniature cosiness and also pleasantly empty. This appeared to bode well for the swift satisfaction of our deliberately-deprived demanding stomachs.

Not so. Even though we were the only people in the restaurant, we waited for fifteen minutes to get served, forty minutes for our drinks and over an hour for our meals, by which point we were ravenous and thoroughly fed up (the combination of which was the probable cause of poor digestion and later discomfort).

I was also given the wrong starter/side: sag aloo instead of sag bhaji. I politely pointed this out, but the waiter insisted that I had the correct dish. I didn't argue, but picked out the 30% spinach, leaving the remaining 70% of spuds awkwardly sitting there in quiet protest.

I asked my fiance if he was enjoying his kurma and he felt unable to reply due to shovelling it in too quickly to taste it properly. My tikka massala was an almost fluorescent red and rather sweet, lacking richness of flavour.

I hope that they (the waiter and the chef) were having an 'off day' and that your experience is better!

2  Thank Ruthyphro
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We entered the restaurant unsure of what to expect due to its uninspiring surroundings, and were surprised to find that the restaurant was fairly well decorated, but this hopeful first impression was soon dashed as it took about half an hour for our drinks to arrive and a further hour for the food, even though we were their only customers bar one small family who left without eating.

The food could have good, but I was too famished to notice.

A thoroughly disappointing evening!

4  Thank Christopher F
Reviewed 16 March 2014

It would have been a worthy deal for 4 (groupon) if we had been served. We arrived at a booking for 8.30 pm and waited for almost 2 and a half hours for the food. There were three other tables before us who hadn't been served yet so there wasn't any chance of us getting fed anytime soon so we left. Groupon or no groupon, service was atrocious and I would think the food would only be mediocre at its best. The manager/owner of the place was very aggressive when asked how long would the food take and kept stalling saying that food was coming- 30 minutes came and went and not a grain of rice could be seen. Poor management, terrible service, uncomfortable ambience, awful awful experience!!

3  Thank Jessie F
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We used a Groupon voucher for 4 people which cost us £6.25p each. For that we could eat as much as we liked from the choice of 3 starters which were all fine and 3 main courses plus rice. Admittedly there wasn't a huge choice and its not the smartest of restaurants but what can you expect for such an inexpensive meal. Good value for money.