“My children love it here :-)”
Review of Play Shack

Play Shack
Ranked #45 of 132 things to do in Southampton
Reviewed 28 May 2013 via mobile

Playshack is local for us and is a good price. I have lost count the amount of parties I have been to here, always are good fun and the food is always brilliant. It does get busy so we usually go about 3pm when it seems to quiten down.

1  Thank lulas2k

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We booked Play Shack Southampton for my daughter's 2nd birthday party yesterday. She - and all the children - had a wonderful time!

The venue was clean and the princess party room where the children had their tea was fantastic. I also thought the food and party bags were exceptional, and the staff happy and courteous. The price per head (£9.95) was great value for money - invites, hot and cold buffet, unlimited drinks for the kids and party bags all included! And certainly took the stress out of organising a child's party!

We also booked local company Magical Appearences, meaning Disney's Rapunzel delivered my daughter's birthday cake in the princess room, then stayed for photos and gave all the children glitter tattoos.

Perfect little princess' birthday party! I'm very happy with how the day went.

3  Thank Jessica_david1
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We were greeted by a complete misery, she couldn't risk a smile, that would have been far too much trouble! 2 9 year olds, a 7 year old and a 21 month old and 2 adults came to £26, which included a meal (no drink or desert). I personally think that is quite steep, by the time we had bought drinks and an ice-cream, our total spend was over £40. There was also some horrendous children and parents there. We complained to a member of staff about the fact that these children were name calling, following my children about, generally being horrible and the mother turned it around and said that her children told her that mine were swearing and threatening them! Unbelievable! We kept our distance and told our children to avoid them, thankfully they left soon after. They had fun after that, but the prices and clientele left a sour taste in my mouth. Will be sticking to Jungle Jeans in future, cheaper prices and happier staff!

3  Thank Rednbluelady
shackmanager, General Manager at Play Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

We have 48 staff at Play Shack and it seems one was having a bad day for which I apologise. If this had been brought to my attention at the time I could have managed this situation properly. Our staff are normally great with our customers and I think this was a rare event. We do our best to work with parents of boisterous children but we do rely on the parents to control them as we are limited in what we can actually do. With regard to prices, our prices are very competitive, in fact, according to their website, entry and hot meals at the venue mentioned would have cost £28.40 on a like for like basis which is £2 more than at Play Shack.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

My friend and I went to Play Shack Southampton having been to the other great venue in Hedge End and it was great. All ou children had a great time and didnt want to leave and we have some lovely coffee and cakes. The service was excellent and the day was great value for money!

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Cost me 16.00 quid to get in with kids, managed to find some sofas to sit on with my sisters twin 5mth boys we were feeding them when someone came over at 3:20 and said you need to leave at 3:30 as it reserved and walked off I queried it with another member of staff she said yes you have to move I said my sisters twins are feeding she said nothing shr can do I told her we would
Eave when twins finished feeds she did not accept this andi said I want a refund she told if I left the building now I would get a refund then when I got outside and kids putting on shoes she said I am not willing to give you a refund now because you have been here over 90 minutes by then I could not get back in and when I looked at my recipt for when I arrived I had only been there an hour .....avoid this place

5  Thank calder21
shackmanager, General Manager at Play Shack, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

This customer made a number of serious accusations about staff to support her demand for a refund. A detailed review of CCTV revealed that what she had claimed had not in fact happened and that staff had acted entirely appropriately. There were also a number of social media posts made. The customer was written back to formally advising her that she would not be receiving a refund detailing the reasons why, additionally, because of the distress caused to staff she was asked not to return to Play Shack.