“Not as expected”
Review of QE2 Mile

QE2 Mile
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

I have walked there, the area was so quiet and there was nothing to do actually. Only closed shops and hotels on both sides of the road.

1  Thank MohamedHisham90
There are newer reviews for QE2 Mile

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I thought it would be an interesting walk through the heart of Southampton. Alas I encountered 8 people begging all ppretending to be homeless but at the end of the day I saw them again, pooling their money and then entering a pub!. The walk takes you through the parks ( nice ) ,through the central shopping area ( hardly supprising ) to the anchor from the QE2. The best part of the walk was the ruined church at the end with it's clock tower.

2  Thank 435Smudger
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I dont know if it is because I have lived in Southampton all my life but the naming of the High street, below Bar and Above Bar the QE Mile just seems so pointless apart from an Anchor placed outside Holyrood Church there isnt any other revelance to the QE2. I think that perhaps I maybe missing something?

5  Thank Rebecca T
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Love the walk and all the shops and sights. There is plenty of eateries and the park at the end to see different things.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

What can be said about this? There is the Golden Mile in Blackpool, The Royal Mile in Edinburgh and now we have the QE2 mile in Southampton. The problem is that you can walk the whole length of this and never really notice that it has any connection with the QE2 or indeed anything else. There is an old anchor from the QE2 on show but really this particular pedestrian trail goes by without really ever really being noticed.

2  Thank Vintagemalt