“Consistently great food!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Consistently great food!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This restaurant always has great food with real flavour and taste

I have been here around 6 times now and the value for money is great.

The chef is a top guy who gives complimentary dishes, bajhis and poppadoms!

They are happy to box up anything you have left also

The front of house guy can sometimes come across as stern so might need to lighten up a bit but overall the service, food and value for money are unrivalled in any Indian I've been too

• Visited January 2014

Cork, Ireland
“good service but poor food”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I've been here a few times when it was known as Tamarinds, not sure if its just a change of managment or name but it seems to have gone downhill.

I ordered chicken korai, the chicken was overcooked and rubbery, the rest of the curry was just a sea of ghee and a bit flavourless.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank M B
Hampshire
“Best Curry I've ever had”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The menu said if it's not on the menu just ask, so I did. A fish curry please, the waiter went to the kitchen and came back to say no problem. I left it to the Chef, well I have to say it was the best Curry I've ever had, almost addictive.

The Chef came out to see if it was ok, it was brilliant. along with some complementary nibbles including a sweet and sour chicken dish and my partners vegetable curry this was an excellent mixture of great food, hospitality and genuine friendly atmosphere we have experienced.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HampshireJon
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have had many take aways from this restaurant and I always order the Lamb tikka rogan which I have always found to be the best I have tasted, until last night! It was so packed with chili that it was uncomfortable to eat and my friends Jalfrezi was milder than mine! Truly disappointed, hope it was a one off!
It is normally outstanding!

• Visited September 2013
Lymington, United Kingdom
“Another excellent meal”
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I visit this restaurant from time to time, as it's close to where my son lives,and when we call in on him it's a place we like to go. I have never yet had a poor meal there. This time the service was rather slower than usual, probably because they fall into the trap suffered by many restaurants that also do take out food, and they find the kitchen overwhelmed with take away orders. Nevertheless, we were in no hurry, enjoyed the time to sit and chat, and as ever had a meal full of taste and aroma. The free dishes brought out by the justifiably proud chef were just too much, and one was left reeling with a surfeit of fine Idian cuisine. A very pleasant evening, and as always, a great eating experience.

• Visited September 2013