“Love this place”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family-owned and run, Mango Thai Tapas celebrates its 10 year anniversary in 2017! With three Mangos in Southampton, each with their own identity, here at Above Bar, you can enjoy Ko Phi Phi beach vibes with big palm murals and tropical bamboo hut roofs. Ideally located in the centre of town opposite the guildhall, makes this Mango perfect for pairing cocktails and Thai Tapas with an evening to the theatre or concert. Whether you’re in the after-work (or I've-got-a-day-off) club, or headed out disco clubbing, be sure to take advantage of Island cocktail happy hour all day until 7pm and again after 10pm - every day!
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I come here quite often and I absolutely adore the food here, it's so tasty, so fresh and aromatic!! Love it. It is relatively pricey and a meal for two with a drink tends to be around £40 so I don't go as often as I would like but the atmosphere (over grown plants with a jungle like feel) will keep me coming back, the staff are friendly and they also have a sister restaurant in Portswood Which is also very good. I recommend this place to all

Reviewed 13 April 2014

It's a nice setting but not really authentically Thai. Food was ok but nothing special - but may have been the fact that we only had vegetarian options so that everyone could share, and that isn't really to my taste.

Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Seems to be a place for youngsters or students to hang out of. The food is decent, but the decor and atmos is questionable (like a nandos) and the service is quite poor. I've had to ask for a dessert menu, pour my own drink and got told the incorrect dessert to the one brought to me, and I was there 35 mins.

Surprisingly tho the food is really tasty. It's not overly hot like most Thai restaurants, but the service did leave me cold. I could recommend it, but it's not the best thai restaurant I've been to in the UK or in Soton.

1  Thank Paul09876
Reviewed 29 March 2014

A group of 10 of us turned up without booking and got served quickly by a friendly host! Food was excellent, cocktails superb and was an overall pleasant experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Birthday meal with family and it was sublime....
Great ambience music was just right and the food was as good as any we have had in any Thai restaurant in Bangkok Phuket koh samui etc....keep on doing what you're doing!!!