“very competent instructors”

More attraction details
Owner description: At First Class Sailing we give you easy access to the full range of RYA yachting courses and other sailing activities. From the moment you contact us we aim to make your whole experience fun, smooth and hassle free. Our office team are helpful, quick to respond and show a high degree of integrity. First Class Sailing instructors are friendly, professional, thorough and passionate about sailing. So whether you are a complete novice or have some sailing experience, we give you the confidence and expertise to enjoy the ultimate get-away-from-it-all experience: the freedom of sailing.RYA Sailing Courses RYA Sailing courses are internationally recognised. They form part of a scheme that is both easy to follow and enter, whatever level of experience you have. We run RYA Shorebased navigation classes such as Day Skipper theory and Yachtmaster theory in London in the evenings and/or over weekends. We hold RYA Practical Courses such as Competent Crew for novices, Day Skipper for those with more experience and Yachtmaster for those with lots of experience on our yachts based in Shamrock Quay, Southampton and North Frambridge on the East Coast.Sailing Trips Our sailing trips might take you off to the west country for a week of cruising the Devon and Cornish coastlines with their pretty harbours and beautiful estuaries. Or sail over to France and the Channel Islands for a week of Moules Marinieres, French wine and pretty Channel Island anchorages and beaches. For those with less time we have weekend Channel Hops over to France, all year round, which offer the perfect opportunity to build miles and experience quickly.• RYA PRACTICAL COURSESo Competent Crew Practical Courseo Day Skipper Practical Courseo Coastal Skipper Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Coastal Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Ocean Practical Course• RYA THEORY COURSESo Day Skipper Theory Courseo Coastal Skipper Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Coastal Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Ocean Theory Courseo CEVNI Testo Essential Navigation and Seamanship Online Theory Courseo Online Day Skipper Theory Courseo Online Yachtmaster Theory Courseo London RYA Theory Courses• SPECIALIST RYA COURSESo Sea Survival Courseo VHF Courseo Offshore Safety Course (ISAF)o Radar Courseo First Aid at Seao Diesel Engine Maintenance Courseo Professional Practices and Responsibilites (PPR) Course
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very competent instructors”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have used first class sailing on 3 different practical courses and 2 short class, and i always found it very beneficial. The instructors managed to adapt to each crew level and I felt that I made progress every time and the instructors were very attentive and open to questions and discussions. I would recommend it to people who are interested in learning and improving their sailing with no hesitation.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ben s

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Day Skipper Practical”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

First Class sailing did not disappoint and everything worked really well. The boat was clean and well maintained, food excellent and our instructor Ken was endlessly patient and a real sage.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank IanTaylorBarnes
London, UK
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Top day of training”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We did a day as part of the RYA Active Marina and found it excellent. Easy teaching style, good boat and plenty of time to learn things and reflect on them.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic day skipper course”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My whole experience with First Class sailing has been of absolute excellence. The booking process was simple and easy with all of my emails being answered within the hour. The course itself was very professionally organised. The boat was in an immaculate condition, the food was of the highest quality, the skipper was patient and experienced and the structure of the course was very well thought out and put together.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking to improve their sailing skills and have a great time and meet some interesting people along the way.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank hugomaudsley
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“sailing with FCS”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Boating Instructor, Sailing School · Today 8:00 am – 7:00 pm

First Class Sailing offer the full spectrum of RYA yachting courses and from their base in Shamrock Quay, Southampton - Competent Crew, Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper, Yachtmaster Coastal and Offshore.

reviewed in the last week

I first came across FCS whilst browsing for a sailing school to start my new "hobby" The cost of the course was not really an issue(within reason) but one of the sites I came across was FCS. It looked professional and had a few good reviews so I booked a competent crew course.From then on I was looked after really well. I spoke to the office recieved a few e mails around my food preferences etc and waited. I recieved another e mail nearer to the time and found myself at Shamrock Quay on the appointed day/time. I met my skipper and crew in the local bar and from then on I knew I had come to the right place.My skipper was called Stuart and he was really interested in myself and the rest of the crew, what we did what we expected and what he was hoping to do over the next week. The next day we started withe the safety briefing and once the food was on board we set off.We were all learning from day one and this carried on all week there were 3 comp crew and 1 day skipper on board but we were all kept "in the loop" on every occasion. The comp crew candidates were every bit as involved as the day skipper, sure he had completed the theory course so had more knowledge but we were all included in everything and we were not just "rope monkeys"(I believe thats the term) Stuart gave us advice where to sail for but if we wanted to go somewhere different provided the wind/tide allowed that was what we did I had a really good week, got home and signed up for Dayskipper theory(on line through FCS) I also booked up my day skipper practical again with FCS which I completed with 2 other candidates at the end of October..... Again everything was as well organised as before even though we had to push the start day back due to the storms..but again it was all about the customer with Charlie(the company owner) phoning the candidates to organise a more suitable start time....for us all. Again I thouroughly enjoyed the week, this time we had Nigel as instructor and he checked our skill/knowledge and tailored the course to fit the crew which was more challenging than the previous week but again all about safety and ensuring we had the skill needed to sail in heavier weather and a good time I could go on about the food the great days sailing and how much knowledge I now have but I will simply say I shall be back next spring for Mile building and cross channel "hopping..I have already started my coastel/yachtmaster theory on line. Any-one unsure about how they will get on can speak to the school and they will give you the re-assurance you may need... Thank you First Class Sailing

reviewed a week ago

I initially booked my RYA Competent Crew Course because of the excellent website and choice of courses they had on offer. It was the start of a great experience. From booking online to doing the course through to receiving my Competent Crew Certificate in the post, my whole experience of First Class has been excellent. Their administration and communication was great, the yacht and facilities were of a high standard and our skipper for the week, Andy Gillman, was friendly, knowledgeable and an expert instructor. I would recommend Charlie and the team at First Class Sailing to anybody. They really live up to their name.

reviewed 2 months ago

Congratulations to First Class Sailing for arranging such a comprehensive and enjoyable course. I will be back for more I'm sure. What a fantastic 5 days. Also " hats off " to James our Skipper. James is a true teacher incredibly patient and very thorough. He had us all literally in " ship shape " by the end of the week. He's a real asset for First Class Sailing and the perfect skipper to communicate the many elements of the competent crew course.

Visited October 2013