“Day Skipper and Competent Crew”

First Class Sailing
More attraction details
Owner description: At First Class Sailing we give you easy access to the full range of RYA yachting courses and other sailing activities. From the moment you contact us we aim to make your whole experience fun, smooth and hassle free. Our office team are helpful, quick to respond and show a high degree of integrity. First Class Sailing instructors are friendly, professional, thorough and passionate about sailing. So whether you are a complete novice or have some sailing experience, we give you the confidence and expertise to enjoy the ultimate get-away-from-it-all experience: the freedom of sailing.RYA Sailing Courses RYA Sailing courses are internationally recognised. They form part of a scheme that is both easy to follow and enter, whatever level of experience you have. We run RYA Shorebased navigation classes such as Day Skipper theory and Yachtmaster theory in London in the evenings and/or over weekends. We hold RYA Practical Courses such as Competent Crew for novices, Day Skipper for those with more experience and Yachtmaster for those with lots of experience on our yachts based in Shamrock Quay, Southampton and North Frambridge on the East Coast.Sailing Trips Our sailing trips might take you off to the west country for a week of cruising the Devon and Cornish coastlines with their pretty harbours and beautiful estuaries. Or sail over to France and the Channel Islands for a week of Moules Marinieres, French wine and pretty Channel Island anchorages and beaches. For those with less time we have weekend Channel Hops over to France, all year round, which offer the perfect opportunity to build miles and experience quickly.• RYA PRACTICAL COURSESo Competent Crew Practical Courseo Day Skipper Practical Courseo Coastal Skipper Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Coastal Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Practical Courseo Yachtmaster Ocean Practical Course• RYA THEORY COURSESo Day Skipper Theory Courseo Coastal Skipper Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Coastal Theory Courseo Yachtmaster Ocean Theory Courseo CEVNI Testo Essential Navigation and Seamanship Online Theory Courseo Online Day Skipper Theory Courseo Online Yachtmaster Theory Courseo London RYA Theory Courses• SPECIALIST RYA COURSESo Sea Survival Courseo VHF Courseo Offshore Safety Course (ISAF)o Radar Courseo First Aid at Seao Diesel Engine Maintenance Courseo Professional Practices and Responsibilites (PPR) Course
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Day Skipper and Competent Crew”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have just spent a week on the Solent with 3 of my teenage children doing Day Skipper and CC certificates so that we can sail in Croatia next month. I cannot recommend First Class Sailing highly enough: great customer service, very efficient, excellent instruction (ask for James Porter! Enthusiastic, hugely experienced, very knowledgeable, a great cook and a very nice man) and a very well equipped and comfortable yacht (the "Debanessa"). I also used FCS to get my Day Skipper theory and VHF licences in London last Autumn, which were similarly well organised and instructed.

Visited July 2014

“First Class sailing. Channel hop from North Fambridge.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Brilliant experience. Instructor ,Phil Jarvis, was very knowledgeable, imparting lots of information and skills in a calm manner which helped instil self confidence into his crew. Each stage of the trip was well planned and discussed prior to setting out so his crew new what to expect and what was needed from them at every stage.
The boat, Hebe (a 10.5 meter Jeanneau), was in very good condition and had comfortable accommodation, and handled very well.
The food was of a high quality, very well prepared, and tasted even better.
We had many sightings of porpoises, seals and many other wild life which added even more to the journey.
The whole experience was one I will cherish and has made me determined to book further adventures in the not too distant future.
Cheers and thanks again. Paul K.

Hong Kong, China
“Yachmaster 5 Day Practical Course & Exam”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

First Class Sailing have been extremely accommodating during my recent visit to the UK. I was particularly impressed with the quality of our instructor (Ricky) and the equipment we had at our disposal. The organization prior to arriving and in dealing with the RYA was excellent. I am also very grateful for their help going above and beyond in certain areas for me. The course and examination were professionally run throughout. I feel extremely lucky to been able to fit in this course with FCS during my brief visit back to the UK. Thanks again Ricky, Harriet, Charlie & Trevor!

Visited June 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great Day Skipper Practical Course”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Just back from 5 days on the solent with First Class Sailing and had a fantastic time. The office team were great all the way through the process and our skipper James was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. The new boats were luxury and great to sail. Only negative was the fact I gained weight due to the huge amount of food provided!! I would not hesitate to recommend First Class Sailing and i will certainly be back.

1 Thank FranB0603
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Day Skipper Theory and Practical”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I took my Day Skipper Theory and Practical with First Class Sailing and I was very impressed with how the course was handled, both on the administrative and teaching side. Bruce somehow kept us all entertained during the evening theory classes (impressive after a long day at the office!) and was a great teacher. James was an excellent skipper and examiner for the practical and ensured we were taught not just the course syllabus but a number of other very useful tips preparing us for our adventures as a skipper. I was particularly impressed with James’ enthusiasm and dedication to ensuring we would be well prepared for the future. He really seemed to care that we would be confident when taking a boat out and into the local waters. Compared with a couple of other sailing schools I have used I saw great benefit in having older teachers/skippers who cared more about teaching us rather than just getting us into the nearest marina so they could meet up with their friends in the pub.
I would definitely recommend for anyone wanting to learn to sail or for trips.

Visited June 2014