“Great busy coffee house idea; for breakfast meetings”
Review of Josie's

Josie's
Ranked #2 of 28 Coffee & Tea in Southampton
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Super atmosphere here coupled with bustling atmosphere, quality coffee and very nicely prepared and extensive breakfast menu.(only slight negative is some customers find it impossible to close the door which makes it a tad chilly when sitting at front of shop!)

There are newer reviews for Josie's

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We came here for lunch on a rainy saturday.
There were only a few tables left when we arrived at 12. Service was good at the counter. We ordered a sandwich and a soup with two teas.
A lady brought over a coffee for me while my husband was still ordering at the counter which was not mine- she seemed slightly confused and a little stressed out and was not apologetic.
All of a sudden it got really busy and noisy. Groups of people came in and stood facing our table at the counter while they waited for a table. We still hadn't had our food by that point and we already felt that we were holding up a table.
Our food finally came- it was nice but nothing particularly special- or perhaps I was put off by the people watching us eat, waiting for our table!!! (Some people on the table next to us had to share their table with some other people, which I thought a bit unnecessary,. This made us feel that at any point our lunch would be interrupted by people wanting to share our table with us).
I felt this ruined our experience completely.
I also feel the staff should have done more to ensure groups of two only sat on tables for two and not on tables for four (which many had ended up doing).
Or perhaps more smaller tables would be better instead? They could then push two small tables together as and when needed...
Either way, I wouldn't go back on a saturday that's for sure. The whole place felt chaotic and disorganised, which was a shame. The staff weren't particularly welcoming or friendly to us- they were more concerned with their larger group of customers who were waiting for our table.

4  Thank HSeriously
Reviewed 9 April 2014

There are a number of Coffee and Tea cafes in Bishop's Waltham. We were drawn to this one by the attractive exterior decor and knew we had chosen well once we entered. A welcoming ambience with a friendly greeting and subsequent good and speedy service. The cafe was busy, but not full and there was ample space to relax and enjoy an excellent Flat White together with very fresh home made scones. Whilst we did not have a full meal on this occasion the menu, including daily specials, has some unusual and interesting items. We were happy we plumped for Josie's.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I made a special trip to Josies today on the recommendation of a friend. It was a busy lunch service as we had expected but we were quickly shown to a table. There was plenty to choose from on the menu with a specials board and a cold counter with filled baguettes and rolls. I had the bubble and squeak with bacon and poached egg and my wife had the Moroccan chicken salad, both were delicious. Friendly efficient staff. Yes there was a lot of chatter but people like to talk to each other over lunch.
We will be back to try the waffles!!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We've been to Josie's a few times now, it's great, the breakfasts and cakes are just fantastic. It's a lovely little cafe with a great atmosphere and friendly staff. I highly recommend the pancakes with fruit but the english breakfast is pretty good too.