My partner, myself and our 2 yr old daughter stayed for the weekend in Oct 2011. We had a wonderful time, excellent service and what felt like 5 star luxury in our room and at breakfast. Well 5 star luxury in more of a homely and friendly atmosphere actually. Something about the hotel and the staff almost makes you feel as though you are part of the family. There is the most lovely and enchanting cobbled alley from the car park and the upkeep and maintenance throughout the grounds and buildings is top class. This hotel really does provide the best in contemporary comfort and style inside. The room was totally up to date in decor and looked so beautiful when we stepped in and the cot was pristine and made up so beautifully......we could tell that attention to detail was on the agenda among the staff. Our room service order was delicious and home made and in the morning, the breakfast was top class too. The restaurant area is stunning and so stylish and current. The staff were welcoming and extremely professional. They checked on us regularly and were very friendly......that family feeling came once again..... And the food....well it was absolutely perfect....the home-made hash browns especially! In terms of location, we were grateful to be so close to the town centre. The market was fascinating and the shopping very good. We also walked over to the public swimming pool which was literally a few hundred metres away.....and it was superb for children! We had a great time and it was surprisingly cheap. If you want a serious swim, the lane pool is seperate so you won't have the 'noise' of the kids pool. We took a drive to the New Forest for the day and getting parked on our return was really no problem, even though the car park looked very full. We would highly recommend this unique hotel. Hope you have as great a stay as we did.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel