1,869 results
All reviews privilege room high street central location cruise package the hotel car park town centre buffet style stayed for one night good nights sleep full english cruise terminal dolphins wetherspoons port annex docks ship
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Just stayed at the mecure dolphin and couldnt fault it at all. The location waz perfect right by the shops and port, the check in waz friendly and efficient, hotel spotlessly clean, comfy beds, housekeepers friendly, nice and warm, nice bathroom - we had a lovely time it waz great value and its the only hotel in southampton we'd choose.

Date of stay: March 2012
1  Thank Lifes4livin
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future

Reviewed 7 March 2012

A nice hotel as one should expect. Not exceptional service by any means but certainly not bad. Just average. Clean and large room with a comfy bed and good shower facility's. Pillows were a bit naff. Breakfast was ok and waited 15 mins for poached eggs which I did not eat as I had finished my meal already.

Painters were outside my room at about 8am talking loudly which really annoyed me! Not worth complaining as I am sure nothing would have been done about it.

Just an average hotel, dont pay too much for this one.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

I appreciate your feedback and my apologies for the disturbance early in the morning.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Second time I have stayed, very nice rooms. Extremely friendly staff.

Bathroom could have been cleaner!!

Date of stay: February 2012
2  Thank Laura M
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your second stay with us.

I will of course ensure that your kind words are communicated to the team.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Had a fab wkd away stayed at the hotel fri & sat nite, on arrival the young lady on reception anya ( i believe ) was very welcoming and polite, the room was very nice clean & warm, we had evening meal in the hotel restaurant which was excellent, working again on sat was the lovely anya (give her a pay rise) can recommend the hotel the location was excellent for shops, bars, restaurants, will be staying again thank you for a fab stay.

Date of stay: February 2012
1  Thank sallysteveh2
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will of course ensure Anya reads your kind review although I cannot promise a payrise!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

I stayed at the Mercure in Southampton for a weekend in November. The highlight of the hotel for us was the lady at reception who was very attentive and friendly, and I remember she was pregnant at the time. All our questions were answered by her with joy: thanks for all your help! Rooms seem to have been recently re-decorated, but they need to be given some more attention - our mattress was very uncomfortable and the curtains had a big stain on them, to give a couple of examples.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank elxolas
NBrailsford, General Manager at Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for reviewing your stay in November.

I appreciate your feedback and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel in the future