My husband and I were going on cruise and decided that we would start our holiday off by staying in a recommended hotel. We paid £146 for this. I wouldn't normally pay this price. I found the whole experience terrible. We booked in and was not helped with our luggage, the receptionist indicated by a nod of the head that the lift was round the corner! We found our room which was situated at the rear of the hotel, the toilet was dirty, there was no coffee, tea or milk to have a drink. When we went to bed we had the window open due to the warm weather, we had to close it as it was so noisy because of a beer garden and rowdy revellers.In the morning we went down for breakfast, we waited at least 10 minutes before someone came and asked whether we would like tea or coffee. When we went to get our breakfast there was nothing left, we waited a further 10mins before anyone replenished the empty dishes. We sat outside after breakfast and I looked up and one of the windows was being held open with an upturned ice bucket with a toilet roll on it. The check out was traumatic too, dirty bed linen littered the corridors together with chatting girls with legs outstretched (who didn't move or offer to help). If I hadn't already pre-paid I would have asked for a discount. I know that I would never recommend this hotel to anyone I would tell them to use the Travel Lodge!!! I did write a letter of complaint and I was offered a free night's stay, err NO THANK YOU!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel