I booked a double room 6 months prior to arrival so got a good price of £50.00 for the night, and i'm very happy i didnt pay more. Location is great and £4 for the car park isn't anything to moan about. The room itself was a lot smaller than anticipated, though the bed was comfy and the room was clean. The hairdryer wasn't very good (smelt like burning hair) and for a 4 star hotel i expected a bit more than just one sachet of shampoo/conditioner, I didn't think to bring my own as usualy a 4 star supplies these. Our room (306) was facing the high street so noise was ofcourse expected, but nowhere near as much as we got! Double glazed windows wouldnt go a miss. Fortunately we weren't back until about 3am anyway, which is where we were most shocked, because we were locked out! We got out the taxi and the main door was blocked by a huge padlocked gate, so having to walk around in the pouring rain we had to walk right round the back entrance by the car park, which gate was also closed (luckily not locked) and go in the back way. There was no nightporter to be seen so security was a bit of a concern aswell. For the price i paid and the fact it was only one night to get a few hours sleep, it was fine, but i really did expect more for a Mercure Hotel and wouldn't choose to stay here again. I actually prefer Etap at £39 a room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Expedia, Lastminute, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel