We booked two rooms for one night before boarding the QM2 for a westbound crossing. The property is an older property and has character. The rooms were comfortable and the staff friendly. The location was fine for exploring some of Southampton before boarding.
The remains of the historic Holyrood Church are literally next door and one of the anchors from the QE2 is practically in front of the property. There are other remnants of historical Southampton that survived the bombing blitz of 1940 within short walking distance from the Dolphin making this a great place to stay in Southampton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel