The hotel is in a good location however the refit needs improvement. eg Hotel is overly hot and window will not stay open, A single small lift that gets blocked by people in the waiting room, Whilst bedroom was large we were woken each morning to seagulls and pigeons on the roof.
The most annoying aspect was that the fire alarm went off 3 nights of our stay waking us up and forcing us to get dressed to see what was wrong - generally at 1 in the morning. This was not good after a long flight from Australia. There was no offer to reduce the rate because of this and I had to request a discount when departing. Removal of one breakfast was offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Lastminute, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel