One of the worst, if not the worst, I've ever stayed in. Dirty, ugly, rumpled, clearly flooded once carpet, pigeon feathers on the stained carpet outside the lift on the 3rd floor, I asked for a room on the top floor with lot's of light and was given a room on the 1st floor for people in wheelchairs. The place smelled, was dirty and uninviting, Outside the open window on the 3rd floor when you get off the lift, there is a rooftop literally COVERED in pigeon feces, and filthy pigeons - this is a major health hazard, particularly as you have a restaurant and kitchen on the premises, and guests. People have died from prolonged exposure to pigeon dung. Plus, it is also repulsive and disgusting to see. The bed was hard, the pillows thin, no screens on the window to keep out bugs, the room was hot, with only a cheap ASDA fan for cooling, my Internet stopped working and I had to go down to reception in my pajamas and call the company to reset it, the floor in the bathroom looked like it belonged in a hostel, the doors were the cheapest, no hair conditioner or moisturizer in the bathroom, there was a used soap left in the shower soap dish, and the noise was unbearable. I got no sleep, preparatory to getting on my much looked forward to Queen Mary 2 cruise, which was the ONLY reason for my unfortunate visit to this horrible, disgusting hotel. The only redeeming features are the pleasant, efficient, friendly and helpful hotel staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Lastminute, Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel