Stayed here one night pre-cruise.
As previous reviewers have stated the building is old, not without some character but due to the buildings age the overall layout is a bit messy and rooms are on the small side and whilst some attempt has been made to bring them up to date it hasn't been totally successful in my opinion.
It served its purpose but there are better options in Southampton although its position is not to be faulted.
We did not eat any meals at the hotel preferring the many varied options available down the road in and around the Oxford Street area.
A tip if using sat-nav. After finding the front of the hotel and finding no entrance to the car park, drive past the front a little way and turn right and then take the second turning on the right, proceed to the end and the car park is on the right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Lastminute, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel