I don't know how you consider this to be a 4* hotel and if so, which organisation gave the hotel a 4* rating?. The rooms were really tatty, old fashioned and cramped - the bathroom was like going back to the dark ages, stains around the bath handles, rust I assume? The corridors to the rooms were like a prison enviroment, all grey walls, doors and skirting boards!
I guess your customers that write positive reviews are not regular users of decent hotels? Even all the dishes in the breakfast buffet were virtually cold - this was at 8,30 am???
The only positive thing I can say about the hotel is that the staff were polite and friendly but a 4* rating is an absolute joke!!!
I think the hotel should be subject to the trade descriptions act?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, ACCOR, Odigeo, Lastminute, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel