Bedroom and bathroom were in a terrible state!! Needed updating, chipped walls, dirty bathroom and overall appearance of the bedroom was not up to to the standard that you expect for a 4* hotel. Having decided to venture out for dinner in the evening, I was shocked and suprised to find myself locked out of the hotel with both front of the hotel and back entrance to the car park both locked up before midnight!! Yes I understand that the security of your guests Is paramount but please inform guests of the protocol at check in of accessing the hotel outside of working hours. Having frozen to death and trying many a times to call reception to open the front gate after 20mins I finally got hold of someone! Not acceptable!! Was very disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel