My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for the first time on the 19th December, for his birthday. We arrived a little before the check in time of 12pm but a room was ready for us straight away, which we were pleased with as the drive from Bournemouth-Southampton had been stressful with all of the school holiday traffic! Our room was lovely and spacious and had more than what we needed for a one night stay, including tea/coffee and biscuits on our dresser and shower gel and shampoo were also provided. The receptionist was very welcoming and made sure we had everything we needed before pointing us in the direction of our room.
We payed for breakfast as part of our stay and I can honestly say that it is the best breakfast I've ever seen! There were a vast selections of juices, teas and coffees, continental foods and hot foods, cereal, yoghurts etc!
The hotel is located just a few minutes walk from the city centre which was handy! We found all of the staff very helpful and friendly, and nothing seemed too much. We ate out in the evening at the nearby Bedford Place which is just a short taxi ride away, we rang reception from our room to book us a taxi which they were happy to do.
Check out of the hotel was 12pm which gave us plenty of time for a lie in, just what you need on a weekend away. All in all, an enjoyable stay at the hotel with friendly staff, lovely rooms and a fantastic location/breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others and stay again.
Note to others, I found the hotel car park quite tricky to find but is very reasonable at £4 for 24 hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HRS, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel