We have just returned from a long weekend staying in the Dolphin and we were extremely favourably impressed by the level service provided by the staff who could not be faulted in any way.
There is no air conditioning as this is an old hotel which is listed, so there is no possibility of alterations to the building. That said, the room we had was comfortable and clean.
The restaurant isn't cheap but the food was excellent and the same high level of service that we had in the hotel was also reflected in the service here.
If we ever return to Southampton we will be unlikely to search for an alternative as the Dolphin ticks all the boxes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin hotel is a stunning Grade II listed 4 star hotel located in the heart of Southampton - offering a modern and contemporary feel, while maintaining its traditional appeal. Perfectly located to explore the historic old town and walls, extensive shopping centre within walking distance and the perfect place to stay before and after your cruise with park and cruise packages available.Free Wifi available throughout the hotel.Privilege rooms now available. On site car parking available however there is a charge for this service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel Southampton
- Southampton Dolphin Hotel